Ch - 4 : Clue

"Ivlo dhooram nee erangi vandhiya? Bayam ah illa?" , Vikram sighed looking at the building and the rope which Yazhini used to escape from top to bottom. 

"Ivan kita irukradha vida idhuku enakku bayam kammi dhaan", she said turning her face. 

"Ippo epdi unna kondu poyi mela vidradhu?" , Vikram questioned while Yazhini answered in a cool way, " Vera enna idhe vazhi dhaan" and Vikram gasped. 

"Seri iru", he said and pulled her by her waist while she clutched his collar tightly widening her eyes. With his other hand he held the rope tightly and started to move up. They looked at each other for a second and their breathing hitched. Yazhini blushed looking at the proximity while Vikram hid his by biting his inner cheek. They were moving as if they dropped some from fairytale and the prince was carrying the princess. 

Halfway through, Yazhini poked his shoulder with her little fingers. "Sollu ma" , "Ippo nammaloda adutha move enna Vikrameyy?" 

"I want you to fix the bug I gave you in any of his things which he carries with him always. Aprom always use gloves, theva illama edhaiyume thodatha, be hundred percent conscious always. This is not a safe game Yazhini. Paathu iru ma, edhaavdhu immediately call me with the walkie talkie I gave you. Avan enna plan panirkaan nu theriyaadhu, first avana attack panrathuku munnadi avan current plans ellathaiyum kandupudichu flop pannanum. Adhuku aprom avana handle panradhu easy", he explained with utmost care while she nodded her head understanding. 

He carefully dropped her in while she looked at him with eyes full of love. 

Aiyo Kolluraale! 

"Neenga paathu ponga", she said out of concern while Vikram smiled like a teenager nodding his head and got down quickly from the rope.

Pinna I.P.S. aache Yazhini! 

He waved her a bye getting into the jeep and she returned the same smiling. 

"Amma, yen ma ipdi potu paduthra?" 

"Dei, unakku manasaatchi eh illayada?" , Vijaya, Vikram's mother questioned sitting in the passenger seat while he was driving the car. 

"Seekram oru kalyaanatha pani tholaiyen da! Geetha , Usha lam kai la onnu , madi la onnu nu peran pethi ah konjitu irukaanga" , she expressed her grief. 

"Ma, unakku peran pethi dhana venum adhuku naa erpaadu panren iru", he mockingly said earning a smack from his mother. 

"Nee enna vena pesikko, adutha 2 maasathula unakku kalyanam aagala aprom unakku vazhka full ah kalyanam nadakkathu nu josiyar sollitar. Inikku ponnu paaka porom, adhe ponnu ah unakku kalyanam pani vekren." , Vijaya said in one go. 

"Miiiiiii", Vikram screeched. 

"Kalyanam pannanum naa, love pannanum, adhuku oru ponna paakanum , ava kannula adhu theriyanum ma! Adhavittutu.." , Vikram dreamily answered. 

"Adhuku naa unakku kudutha time mudinjidhu. Seri unakku 28 vayasu aaguthe nee ippo varaikum oru ponnoda kannulaiyum andha "adhu" ah paathathilaya?" she asked straight. 

Vikram was about to nod a no but Yazhini's eyes flashed in his mind. Those doe-shaped eyes, filled with concern appeared before. Her soft lips as she gasped when he held her waist. Having all these thoughts he profusely blushed. 

"Idha nee nethu ketrundha illa nu solirpen mi ", he murmured blushing to which his mother just shook her head and turned to the other side. 

Vikram sat there pouting on the sofa between his mother and his so called soon to be father in law. "Enna thambi tension la irukeengala?!" , he said patting on Vikram's shoulder laughing joined by the older parties. Vikram gave a forced smile and turned to his mother glaring at her. "Seri vidu vidu", she said turning away from him. 

Meghna walked inside holding a tray of biscuits and coffee. Vikram picked it but noticed her face with was sunken. She immediately mustered courage and called out that she wanted to talk with him alone. Vikram was shocked but thought this was the best way to cancel the proposal. 

They stood there for 2 mins in the terrace in completely silence when Meghna broke it. 

"First, enakku unna suthama pudikala". 

Kanna laddoo thinna aasaiyaa!

"Second, enakku already aalu irukku", she spat straight on his face. 

Kanna rendu laddoo thinna aasaiyaa!

She expected Vikram to be the mummy's boy and thought it would be hard to convince but he stood there all his 32 teeth showing and face as bright as a 1000 watts bulb. 

"Idhu yaarudhu?" , he asked pointing to a lungi which was drying. 

"En appa odathu" , she shrugged.

"Naa idha eduthukalama?", "Hmm" she nodded confused by his actions. 

And that's it Vikram was tying that lungi around him and was dancing in the centre of the hall with the whole family for "Otha Sollala". Vijaya came from behind and tapped his shoulders with a smile, " Okay aayiducha?!" while Vikram bent his fingers, nodding a no happily dancing making Vijaya gasp. 

As he made his way out of their house, he came across a photo frame where Yazhini and Meghna were holding hands and happily smiling. "Idhu..", he managed to ask when Meghna came from behind. 

"Iva yen best friend, Yazhini. Avaluku kalyanam aanadhula irundhu en kita pesave illa. Enga irukka , enna panra onnume theriyala. I never had a good vibe from her husband. Avaluku appa amma illa. Yen kooda thaan valandha, idhu ava veedu maari." , she blurted everything out in the worry that she hadn't spoken to her. 

Vikram nodded and left the place and got into the jeep his thoughts deep about her. He was interrupted by Rakshan's call, his fellow batchmate and inspector. 

"Dei Macha, oru mass aana clue kedachiruku seekram vaada!" 

Vikram wordlessly dropped his angry mother at their residence and zoomed out , his mother screaming at the top of her lungs, " Dei paathu po daa!"