Ch - 3 : My Knight In Shining Armour

Yazhini was pulled back with a great force which she wasn't able to retaliate. She was carried into a jeep and was held strongly yet gently. She met her eyes with another pair of brown orbs which showed nothing but truthfullness and sincerity. Before she could scan further, the chloroform in his hand intoxicated her and she fainted in his arms. 

Yazhini was made to sit on a wooden chair amidst dim lights and scattered papers on a desk in a gloomy room. She found 4 cops standing with their guns near the door and made way getting the instruction from their walkie talkie that the ACP was here. 

A tall man of about 5'11 feet with herculean build wearing police uniform walked inside. By his uniform and the way he majestically walked she recognized him as the ACP. 

"Vikram I.P.S." , his badge read and she sat there looking at him wondering if he was some Greek god. If looks could kill a person, Yazhini would've been 6 feet under the ground. He walked to her and calmly said, 

" Yazhini, don't panic. We are not kidnappers, you are right now under the police custody. You have nothing to do but we guess you would have figured it out by now." 

"I'll tell you everything but before that, you have to believe us and tell us what happened right from the second you got married till now. Please, it would help us to connect the dots." , he said sincerely. Yazhini thought for a second but the fact that she had no one to help her and police was the best option she decided to tell everything to him. 

"Did you touch the box?" was all Vikram managed to ask after hearing everything calmly. 

"Umm.. I just.. I mean I wanted to see what was inside so-"

"Shit!" , he roared scaring Yazhini. 

"Since your fingerprints are on the box he would easily frame you as the killer!" , he yelled pressing his forehead hard. Yazhini's mind went to when she wondered why he had his gloves on. Wait. What? 

"Killer!? What? Why? ", Yazhini stood there perplexed. Vikram turned towards her and look with concern filled eyes.

"Naa ippo solla pora vishyam might be hurting but adhu dhaan unmai Yazhini" 

"Your husband," he quoted in the air. " Is a Serial killer. He's a psychopath. " 

Yazhini sat down on the chair with a loud thud , tears falling heavily. It was like a thunderstorm on her head. Her mind couldn't process anything. She sat there blankly not even knowing the reason to cry.

Vikram kept his hand on her shoulder consoling her. " It is not your fault. If you keep your mind and co-operate with us we'll take you clean out of thi-" 

Yazhini raised her hand stopping Vikram. She got up from the chair, adjusted her bag and walked off towards the door when Vikram caught her by her wrist. 

"Yazhini stop. Understand the situation."

"I don't want to get involved further, I can run away to some deserted place and escape. I know how to pull me out of this mess", she answered with no expression on her face. 

Vikram let out a small chuckle, " Unna avan avlo seekrama vitruvaan nu nenaikriya?" 

"I can take care of myself." , she said in an attempt to go out when she heard him say, 

"Selfish." Painful chuckle, " I've never seen someone as selfish as you." 

"Wha-? What to do you mean?", She stopped on her tracks turning towards him. 

"You want to save yourselves right? You want to come out of this mess. Did you ever think of the children he's killing ruthlessly?" , he asked straight on her face. 

"Children?" she managed to ask shivering under his intense gaze. 

"He has killed 3 children till now. All the 3 being boys of age 4 or 5. What did they do to suffer? Did they deserve it? We don't know the exact motive behind his killing spree but what he's doing is completely wrong. " , Vikram explained his eyes fuming in anger. 

Yazhini felt so bad of her. How can she wantedly walk off without caring knowing that these innocent souls are killed. Her "husband" or whatever definitely deserved a punishment and it was death to her. 

She slowly went to Vikram and held his arm while he looked at her with a painful smile. 

"Ennala mudinja alavuku I'll co-operate. I'll help you in all possible ways to track him and his identity. " , She said looking at the ground while Vikram smiled. She lifted her eyes off the ground to meet his and said, "Sorry Vikrameyy! Konjam adhigaprasangi thanam paniten!" leaving Vikram to laugh at her cuteness. 

"Seri po", he said ruffling her hair to which she smiled. 

As she walked to the door, he held her wrist making her turn. He assuring blinked his eyes conveying that he'll take care of everything while she returned a heartfelt smile and left hopping. 

Thanks for reading!

How did you like it?!