Chapter Thirty Nine - New plan?

Victoria blew out a long breath

Victoria blew out a long breath. "Explains all the holograms we had to deal with." 

Kai had told us that while he was in the warehouse, he overheard who he thought was the leader of this group talking to his accomplices about the riddle he had given the rulers. Blue warehouse didn't mean the colour of the warehouse, it had meant what the warehouse had been holding.

Blue technology has just started to become very popular in Elisora. Blue technology is basically just advanced holograms. And this company had spectacular ones, but their company wasn't doing as well as some of the other big companies who were also selling it. That's why they took Kai and demanded money, so they could make their organisation even bigger than it already was.

"You saw them?" Kai asked Victoria. He was sitting with Harrison on the sofa to the right of us, while the team was sprawled all over the living area.

"Elijah pointed it out while we were fighting them in the warehouse. The fools decided to make holograms of themselves to throw us off, but if you focus hard enough on them, you can see this sort of shimmer. It was flawless technology though. It threw me off for a few seconds."

Kai nodded his head. I looked down at Harrison and Kai's hands, they were both squeezing so hard, their knuckles were turning white. I was so proud of them both and I was happy he finally had someone. I was happy he was happy and safe.

"So, anything from Easton or Amelia I should know about?"

"Well, when I took the car from her, she seemed fine. Dad didn't care about... what had happened by the looks of it. I didn't bother asking her anything without you or Madeline with me."

He sighed and stared blankly at the floor.

I tapped my foot against the floor. "Any ideas though? On why they might be acting so weird? There are no ties that tie them together—none that we know about." I asked.

"I did some research while you were out looking for Kai. Nothing came up. There isn't much information on the Sinister Seven anyways, they have been keeping their personal lives and the organisation matters to themselves." Davina added.

Victoria took her head off my shoulder and sat up straighter. "We need to formulate a new plan. Kai's party isn't until next weekend, so we still have enough time to get things ready. Harrison and I shouldn't turn ourselves over either. In fact, I believe the entire plan needs to be changed."

"What do you think we should do then?" Harrison asked. He hadn't really said much during Kai's explanations and our questions. Kai had probably already told him.

"Well...I've formed a plan, but I need you guys to help me fix a couple things." Victoria moved closer to me. I put my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. She leaned into me and put her head back on my shoulder.

Then, she told us the remarkable plan she had come up with.

++++

The day went by so fast. We had all been sitting in the living room coming up with ideas and possible outcomes of the plan. It was around 11pm when we finally finished. We had used the map Kai had brought in a couple weeks ago and marked everything down.