Chapter Forty Three - Relish the feelings

"Addilyn, I'm done

"Addilyn, I'm done."  I stood in the fitting room of the dress shop Addilyn had chosen, staring at myself in the mirror.

"Well, come on out then!" Addilyn said from outside the room.

a/n: this is what I envision:

I huffed and pulled back the curtain

I huffed and pulled back the curtain. I walked out, the dress trailing behind me. I fiddled with the golden clasps on my chest before fixing the skirt and then looking at the velvet sofa in front of me. I had brought everyone in my team along, Kai, Ace and Madeline included.

More like forced them. They had all told me I needed to rest, but I insisted we went and got everything we needed. I needed a new dress because Addilyn said she didn't have the "perfect dress" in her collection of dresses she had decided to bring with her.

I was going to pose as a normal partygoer, while the others were going to set up a distraction which would indefinitely hypothetically send all the guests on their way.

They all stared in awe at my appearance. Ace especially.

He looked me up and down, his lips tugging upward into a smirk and his eyes filling with nothing but lust. I stuck my tongue out at him. His smirk just grew bigger.

"Well?"

"You look beautiful Vi. Oh my god." Luna whispered.

"Victoria! You look like a fabulous!" Asher said from behind Luna. Luna had stuffed her Asher behind her when he wouldn't stop telling everyone else inappropriate jokes while waiting for me to change into the next dress.

"Aha! I told you! This dress is the one! Victoria, you look stunning. The men will be on their knees for you." Addilyn yelled.

I snorted. "That's already happened." I jerked my head in Ace's direction.

Davina beamed, "You look absolutely amazing Victoria. Addilyn's right, this one is definitely the one."

This was my tenth dress.

"You look exquisite." Elijah said. He looked me up and down, gave me a quick smile and then shoved his nose back into his book. It was a struggle to get him out of the house this morning.