Chapter Forty Five - Blood. So much blood.

I pulled on the dress hastily

I pulled on the dress hastily. Davina and Addilyn were waiting outside my door as we speak. They were going to do my hair and makeup since I never had the chance to actually learn how to do it properly.

Once I was in the dress, I stared at myself in the mirror for a bit. I still couldn't fathom what we were about to do.

I tested out the clip on the back just to be sure. It was working fine, so I quickly stumbled over to my bedroom door and pulled it open. Addilyn rushed inside and ran to the bathroom. Davina dragged a chair in behind her, rolling her eyes at Addilyn's excitement.

I followed them into the bathroom and took a seat in the dining chair Davina had brought in and placed in front of the mirror. We didn't have a proper vanity, so we just had to use what we had.

Davina was going to work on my hair while Addilyn painted my face with whatever she had brought along with her. My thoughts were so jumbled up at this point, I woke up and was so close to having another panic attack over the entire situation, but I took a few deep breaths and remembered who I was doing this for.

I was doing this for my parents. They were dreaming of the same thing I am, and I'm ready to make it a reality for them. If I die during the mission, I'll die knowing I tried. Knowing we all tried.

++++

"God, Ace won't be able to take his eyes off you." Luna whispered into my ear before kissing my cheek. I beamed and embraced her.

"You two did a great job." Elijah said. Luna pulled away and walked back into Asher's arms. Elijah gave me a side hug and kissed the top of my head.

Davina chuckled, "A lot of affection coming from Elijah. You sure you feeling alright buddy?" He grumbled to himself as he let go and sat back down on the sofa.

Davina stepped forward, she cupped my face and said, "Stay safe. I love you."

"I love you too Davina."

I was fighting the urge not to breakdown. What if something did happen to them? I would never forgive myself. Never ever.

Asher let go of Luna for a second. He walked over to me and embraced me in a bone crushing hug. I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

"Stay safe Victoria." He mumbled as he let go and shuffled back to Luna.

Addilyn stepped forward, she tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and then wrapped her arms around me. I hugged her back.

She whispered, "I love you, Victoria. Please don't die on me."

I let out a small laugh, "I won't. Don't do anything reckless unless you have to Addilyn. I love you too."

I pulled away. Harrison walked up to me, also giving me a side hug and a kiss on the head. "Tell Kai I love him. I love you too, stay safe."

I looked up at him and nodded my head.