Chapter 9

It was the next day with dinner's conversation still stuck in my head. First Niki, now Jungwon. Don't tell me Sunoo's next in line in saying weird crap.

During the morning classes, I tried my best to distract myself by paying more attention and taking more notes than needed.

Once the class was dismissed, for some reason, I started to review my notes. I read trying to absorb what we had just finished discussing. I was so engrossed with what I was reading that I didn't notice my classmates leaving for lunch.

The person in front of me, Sunoo, stood up and stood there expecting me to follow him, but was confused to what he had seen. 

The notebook in my hands was then confiscated from my hands. I was kind of annoyed but still looked at the culprit.

" You giving that back or?.. " 

He shook his head and dragged me to stand up and walked me out of the classroom.

" You won't get this back until you finish eating your lunch. Jihun and Sora unnie are probably already waiting in the canteen.

------------------------------------------------------

The quiet and calming atmosphere in the library sets my mood to study. I know very well that I wouldn't be disturbed in here. And of course, I was listening to some very chill lofi because why not?

Jihun then sat in front of me with many books with him. I glanced at them a little and the thickness of these books made me question how long he would stay sand study. 

We continued to read in silence, exchanging notes and books every now and then. 

After 30 mins of reading, I took a break and stared out the window. From that spot, I could see the students in the quad and most of them were either sleeping or goofing off. The kids with the signs and props caught my eye. They seemed to be promoting their club by giving away sweets. And from here, I could clearly see Sora unnie with other college members of that club participating.

Like the idiot I am, I waved at her thinking that she would notice me. And just as expected, she didn't. She was too busy fending herself from her fangirls and fanboy that she didn't see her idiot of a friend waving from afar.

I was still disappointed and slowly put down my hand. But a tall figure from below got my attention back on the quad once again. It was Niki, he was...waving back?

I smiled a little and told Jihun to close the curtain.

I decided to go back to studying and picked up where I left off. I was about to play y music when Jake arrived and joined us.

" Okay name as many elements on the periodic table from 1-118. "

I accepted Jihun's challenge and so did Jake.

I started naming them starting from the obvious, Hydrogen, and proceeded to how far I had memorized it. I stopped when I reached Gallium, the 31st in the periodic table.

Jake smirked. I knew that only meant one thing, he was going to make this competitive and beat me.

He started and continued along the periodic table. He was reaching where I had stopped and passed it making me all pouty and started hitting him on the shoulder telling him to stop.

" Then *hit we have *hit* Strontium (38) *hit* Yttrium (39) *hit* and- WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP THAT?! " he whisper yelled

" Yeah yeah we get Jake! Your smarter and probably memorized all 118 by now. " I whisper yelled as well.

We continued our quiet bickering until Jihun finally had enough and hit up both with  thin-ish books on the side of our heads.

I noticed that our free time was about to end and classes were about to start again so I grabbed my things and told them what we all should head back.