Chapter 13: Saved by the Dyad

Rey continued struggling against the arms that held her. 

"No! No! Let go of me!" She shouted. 

"Rey! Shhh, it's going to be ok." she heard Finn say, "You're alright."

"Finn? Finn!" Rey said, turning to see her friend's face, "Thank goodness it's you! Come on, I need your help, we need to save Ben!"

Finn just looked at Rey sadly, "Rey, Ben's not here. He's dead remember? It's only Kylo Ren, his mind tricks must have not fully worn off. How did you even get in here?"

Rey managed to get free of Finn's grasp and looked him dead in the eyes.

"No, no you don't understand!" she protested, digging through her mind to find the simplest way to explain the situation, "Kylo Ren is dead. Ben is alive. He changed his ways and turned back to the light. That's why I went to Ahch-To after the fight. To help train and heal him because, well because... I love him."

Finn's eyes went wide. 

"You what?" he said quietly, clearly shaken. 

"I love him Finn and I can't just let him die. If I did, it would be like half of my soul died. He's not who he was before, and I know it's hard to see it, but trust me. Ben is alive and innocent. He is not guilty of the same crimes as Kylo Ren and he already paid for them with death. Please, you have to help me save him. Finn please."

Finn stood in silence for a moment. 

"This...this is hard to understand."

"I'm not asking you to understand." Rey said, taking hold of Finn's hands, "I'm not asking you to instantly forget all the things Kylo Ren did to you. I'm not even asking you to trust Ben right now, or even be friends with him. All I'm asking is for you to help me rescue him. Please. If you really have abilities in the Force you should be able to sense that there is only good in him now. And I know you feel it Finn. I can feel that you feel it."

Finn sighed, "On the island, I couldn't sense any evil from Kylo- from Ben...but I didn't know what to think of it. I thought he was tricking my senses or something."

Rey smiled a little, "No... no he wasn't. You felt the good in him too, and now you see why I have to save him."

"Well, I still don't trust him, and this idea still seems weird to me but...I would never be able to forgive myself if I did not do something that would make you happy. So I'll help you free him."

Rey hugged Finn tightly, "Thank you so much." She said, "Now let's go."

-------------

Ben wasn't even paying attention to where he was being dragged to.

All he knew was that he was about to die. 

He didn't worry so much about himself. It was Rey he worried about. Then again she was stronger than anyone he'd ever known, so she'd make it through. Plus, she had her other friends. 

The two men took Ben to a small dark room and shoved him to the floor. 

The attached his arm restraints to energy bolts coming out of the floor, and pointed a small camera droid in his direction. It hovered over him, its red recoding light blinking in preparation to record. 

"Broadcast live in five minutes."

Ben looked away towards a figure in the corner. They were dressed in a militaristic suit almost akin to a stormtrooper uniform, except gold and with a different  helmet design. In their hands was a flame thrower. 

So, Ben thought, They're going to set me on fire so the whole galaxy can watch me burn. Of course that's what they're going to do. 

------------