Prologue: Calm and Quiet

Kylo Ren lay in bed desperately trying to sleep.

Everything hurt.

Of corse it did. He'd been training without rest for hours with new training droids that were faster and more harmful then the old one's the First Order used to use. This was then followed by a particularly excruciating meeting with Supreme Leader Snoke. Kylo had lost track of how many times he'd been slammed against the floor by that man. He could have sworn Snoke had broken at least one of his ribs that day if not the day before.

"Show no weakness. Only through rage will your power in the Dark Side be fueled."

Weakness.

That meant anything from showing signs of exhaustion to physically crying from pain. Both things Kylo had done in the past and had learned the hard way that the torture would only get worse the more he showed signs of the agony. Now, as he lay in bed, every inch of his body covered in bruises, he wondered when it would end.

It had been about two years since Kylo Ren had become Kylo Ren. After Snoke had finally convinced him that he had no place with the light, that no one loved or cared for him anymore, he had become the great Sith Lord's new apprentice to continue what his grandfather Darth Vader had started. Snoke promised Kylo that he would obtain full power over the Dark Side when he completed his training and destroyed  the person he used to be.

Ben Solo.

"He is weak, he is foolish, he deserves to die. Kylo Ren is your true self. Only through him can you live."

Snoke had told Kylo many times that his emotions where too unwieldy, that he needed to drown them all in rage and hatred. Kylo was trying to do that. He followed all his master's instructions. He tore through training droids. Crushing them. Letting cruelty run wild within him. Yet, he could not keep himself from the pain he felt every time he thought about his mother or his father. Of who he used to be...

No. No, no, no. Kylo thought. Keep it together. Remember what the wise Supreme Leader taught you. They do not love you, they never did. They do not care about you, they never did. You are an outcast to them. A disgrace. No one would ever want a son like you. No one.

The pain was beginning to subside as he closed his eyes. Focusing on the Dark Side, he felt power rush through him. It felt so fiery, so wild, so-

Then it stoped. And was replaced by something Kylo had not felt in a life age.

Peace.

Cool. Quite. Calm.

Light.

Kylo's eyes flew open. What's going on? he thought.

Why did he feel this way? He wasn't supposed to. He shouldn't feel like this.

If felt so... soo.. good?

No. This wasn't right. This had to be coming from something else.

Suddenly, the feeling intensified filling Kylo's senses until they overloaded. The sensation of light and peace was so strong it seemed to blind him.

He sat up, forgetting completely about his pain, and called his lightsaber to his hand.

Without turning it on, Kylo scanned his room. Everything look normal. Everything was in it's place except...

There was something there that hadn't been before.

A blanket. A brown, tattered blanket lay on the floor about 20 feet away from the left side of his bed.

It was moving.

There was something underneath.

The more he looked at it the more Kylo realized that the overwhelming sense of light and peace was coming from the blanket.