Chapter 3: The Best Friends in the Entire Galaxy

There was so much happening at the base, that Finn didn't really know what to do.

There was so much celebrating, hugging, kissing, and laughter, that he felt a little overwhelmed.

Until he saw Poe smiling at him from across the crowd.

Finn loved Poe's smile. It was brighter than the stars.

"Finn! Buddy!" Poe called out, "You made it!"

Finn ran to Poe and practically jumped into his arms.

"We did it Poe!" Finn said smiling ear to ear, "We won!"

The two men hugged for a little while longer before Chewy came over and joined in, picking both of them up off the ground in the process.

This is what it felt like to win the war to end all wars.

It was great.

Chewy put them down and walked away as Finn turned and began scanning the joyous scene.

He was looking for someone.

Rey.

His other best friend. He couldn't see her and he wondered if she had made it back ok.

Then, he saw her hugging Chewy on the other side of the crowd.

Her eyes lit up when she saw him and Poe. She ran to them and they all hugged each other tightly.

They didn't say anything for awhile. They just hugged and cried tears of joy at their reunion until Rey whispered, "We did it."

"Yes we did." Finn said back.

-------

Rey was overjoyed to see best friends again. She was so happy that they had made it through the fight.

"Did you do it? Did you defeat Palpatine?" Poe asked and Rey nodded.

"He's gone." She said.

They talked for a little bit more before they began to walk through the crowd. As they did, other Resistance members came up and gave them hugs and congratulations.

"We're all having a big celebration tonight and I bet people will want to hear your story." Poe said as they walked.

Rey stopped. She had been so excited to see her friends, that she had not thought of how to tell them that she would have to leave shortly. Once Finn and Poe noticed she had stoped walking, Rey quickly thought of what to say without lying or giving Ben away.

"You alright?" Finn asked.

"Oh yeah, I'm ok." Rey replied, "I just can't go to the party tonight."

"Why not?"

"Even though the war is over, there are still some things I have to do."

"Like what?" Poe asked.

"Well, since I just defeated Palpatine, there are a few things I need to go away and do as a Jedi to...heal and balance the Force."

Her friends looked at her strangely. Rey knew she wasn't making sense.

Healing and balancing the Force? she thought, Really?

But it was the best she could do. It wasn't a lie. She was going to heal the Force within Ben by being his other half, helping him bring back balance in the process.

She hoped that the explanation would be enough for her friends.

After an awkward moment of silence Finn said, "Hey, we get it. You've got important stuff to do. Where do you have to go?"