23. Best of me

Taehyung was a bit overprotective regarding Yuna, after all she was his first love. Though one sided love left his heart aching, he just couldn't see Yuna hurt. The rumours going around Jimin didn't go unheard by him. As he dug out some info, he found out about Jimin going to the same high school as Yuna. Once Jimin had mentioned of him going to the same high school as Yoongi. Since Yoongi switched high school twice for some reasons, Tae didn't give it a thought. And the person he sent to find out about Jimin, came back with some exclusive details.

Tae decided to confront Jimin today. What was Jimin's motive behind hiding his past from Yuna? he thought entering his office.

As soon as Jimin got free from his tour, Taehyung called him to meet at the company's building. Tae sat inside the conference room across the wide outspread cream conference table, with chairs arranged neatly on the either sides. As soon as Jimin arrived Tae gestured him to take a seat across. Jimin who thought this meet was supposed to be friendly, found Tae's behavior a bit odd, nevertheless he played along taking a chair opposite of him.

"So Jimin_ah how was your tour?" he smiled making the other confused.

"It was good. But I don't think so you called me all the way just to ask this. Taehyung_ah what's going on?" Jimin asked searching for answers, rather finding his grey orbs brimming with questions. Tae smiled walking around the table, taking a seat in front of him.

A ping sound echoed inside the room as Jimin fished his phone out of the pocket, checking whether Yuna messaged him. He swiped the screen as the corners of his mouth turned up in a lopsided smile, his eyes gazing the wallpaper. It was a pic of him kissing Yuna's cheek, where she was looking all flustered.

He clearly remembered that day, they were enjoying each other's company at a cafe, well hidden from the prying eyes. Yuna leaned on the table as Jimin gestured her for a selfie. She smiled, her eyes focused on the camera, as an idea crossed his mind. A sly smirk formed on his lips glancing Yuna's side profile. He took the chance and quickly pecked her cheek, as a click sound was heard. Later Yuna kept hitting his shoulder for being a tease, he would never leave a chance to make her flustered. He missed Yuna so much, sighing he checked the message, it was a spam.

Yuna didn't tell him about her call on the day of his concert, when they met. She hesitated and he didn't feel the need to know if she wasn't ready to tell. She would eventually tell him everything, as he too bucked up the courage to tell her about his past. He doesn't wants to tell her everything but the fear of loosing her held him back.

What if Yuna hates me? Would she leave me after I tell her everything? Will she accept me with all my flaws? All these thoughts kept him from revealing anything to her.

Tae cleared his throat, eyes shooting daggers at Jimin, which didn't go unnoticed by the silver haired. Tae may or may not have glanced at the cute picture of the couple, cringing internally.

"I hope we don't have any distractions while talking. It's something serious Jimin" he said in a low voice pointing towards his phone.

"Okay carry on" Jimin nodded, keeping his phone aside.

Is Tae trying to get on my nerves now, what does he want from me. Weren't we getting along after he helped me with that stalker who took my pic. Why so uptight all of a sudden? Jimin thought as his jaw clenched.

"Are you being truthful towards Yuna?" the question caught Jimin off guard.

"W...why would you ask this all of a sudden Tae? That's something between me and Yuna. Shouldn't you be asking that to yourself, were you truthful enough to her? Aren't you good at hiding facts?" he snickered running fingers through his silver locks.