An encounter with a drinker and smoker

No one's pov

FlashBack: 9 years ago

Y/n L/n age: 8

Location: Downtown, Union city.

You were walking down the street trying to get away from them. The constant fighting between your parents, D/n started drinking and started to get more aggressive and M/n just left you with him. The scars on your body, faded after sometime. With the constant bullying from Bakugo and her friends, her marks of explosions would stop the healing process. Yet, you knew in the future, you both would forget each other. Study, study, study, that's all you were doing. To get grades, for a better future. You would enter class extremely exhausted...that's not how an 8 year old should act. But being powerless would get you less attention from staff and focus more on those who had potential. Just get something to eat and get back to the house that was your only goal.

Y/n Pov

"Tch..man, this hurts." I say with stained tear eyes clutching the ash wound on your left side. The weather was getting colder and even with my jacket on, I still felt cold. The stores I passed by were already closed and I can't go back without some food for myself that old man doesnt feed me enough. Passing by an alleyway, I see a light in it. I take out my knife out and walk down the alley. Walking closer to the light, I see a fire and what looks like a man in his mid-twenties and a girl maybe a little younger?

"No way, you did that Ann. That guy didn't deserve that much treatment." the man said as he took a puff of his cigarette. The girl named Ann spoke up.
"No one touches m--whos there!?" She shouted as I approached but I quickly stop. "I know you're there, no point in hiding, punk." her voice changed...oh..crap baskets. I put away my knife and walked out of the shadows.

"P-please...I-I-I m-mean no harm." I said with stained teared eyes. "It's just a kid. Chill Annie. What's ya name kid?" He asked.

"I'm Y/n...Who are you two?" you look at Ann to see her skin is now blue, instead of her white skin. "Ah! Y-you're blue!"

"Da ba de da ba dai?" She with a toothy grin.

"Come on Annie, that was bad. Anyways, I'm Garcello and this is Annie, her skin is blue cause of that special drink, she has in her hand. No need to worry kid." Garcello says as he takes a puff of his cigarette. He notices me shivering and motions me to the fire.

"Say what's a kid like you doing out here? You homeless like bad lungs here." Annie snorts. I shake my head.

"I'm getting away from my dad. Let's say he's not a good father." I look down walking towards the barrel of fire. Garcello and Annie look at each other, then back at me. "You got a power, kid?" I shake my head. "My parents didn't have a power. So here I am, a useless punching bag for those with power to abuse..." I look down as tears starting to fall. I then saw Annie hug me, I had started to cry.

After a while, I had calmed down a bit. Annie had some left over DonaldMac's and had given it to me. I quietly thanked her and Garcello for letting me stay for now. I also told them I had to head home before D/n wakes up. They look at each other before nodding.

"Come back here whenever ya want little man." Those words...'little man' it wanted to make me cry again but I held it in and smiled. I hugged both of them and made my way back.

Location: L/n household

Time: 2:32am

No one's pov

Sneaking in through your window with your makeshift rope. Which was just your blankets tied together. D/n started seeing this woman and he's the most happy I've ever seen him. "Where's my happiness that you took away from me, DAD." Taking off the jacket, you lay down and start drifting off to sleep.