Lullaby [chapter 18]

The Guzmans were the first to scamper off. Señora Guzman held onto Mariano as he wailed about his eye which Isabela had accidentally done. Her powers got out of control from the sudden shock which resulted in a flower sprouting up and jabbing Mariano in the face. Abuela followed right after them. She was begging they give this another shot. Isabela and Mariano needed to get married and have kids so the miracle would continue to grow.

Mirabel came out next. She was trying to convince Abuela that she didn't do anything wrong. Then came Isabela, yelling 'I hate you!' at her youngest sister for ruining her proposal. Abuela would surely be pissed that this was a disaster. Luisa came out, still wailing about her loss of powers.

Agustín followed right after Luisa. His primary goal was to get his daughter to stop crying. He hated when he saw any of his children, nephews, niece or y/n cry. He needed to find a solution to her problem immediately.

A storming cloud was above Pepa's head. She looked extremely stressed. Not only was she not allowed to let it rain, but she was feeling big emotions as well. Pepa looked at Mirabel with panic, "What did you do?!" Then she walked past before Mirabel had time to answer.

"I'm not doing anything!" Mirabel pleaded, hand motions going along with her words. She gestured to the house, "Bruno's vision, it's—"

She halted her words when she saw rats run by her feet. They squeaked, pieces of her prophecy within their mouths. They were all headed in one direction, and that in itself was weird. So Mirabel followed after them. Why not? What could go worse on the already ruined night? Besides, she might get out of being scolded by Abuela for a little while.

Camilo and y/n came out of the dining room completely soaked. They watched as Abuela addressed the townspeople that stood outside of Casita. They were all peering in, wondering if things were okay within the house. It wasn't everyday they witnessed something like this at the Madrigal residence after all.

"The magic is strong; everything is fine!" Abuela told them. Even her words couldn't shake the nervousness and confusion from the people. They didn't know what was going on, and they wanted answers. But they weren't provided with any. "We are the Madrigals!"

Then she slammed the door shut.

The face of her rage was terrifying. Camilo and y/n had witnessed her angry several times before. They'd done more than enough to make her mad many times in the past, and probably many more times in the future. But the look that grandma had plastered on her face and her heavy breathing. "MIRABEL!" Her voice was so much louder than it usually was to convey her anger.

Pepa only seemed to get even more upset by this. Lightning flashed all throughout the house. It was obvious yelling was the last thing she wanted to hear during this time of worry.

Camilo and y/n looked around, but Mirabel was nowhere to be seen. Abuela looked at the two of them like they knew though. They were her triplets. Like always, she just assumed they knew everything about what she was doing. Abuela also assumed they knew where she was at all times. "Where is she?"

"You think we know?" Y/n rose a brow and crossed her arms. She had half her body leaning against a wall, an annoyed look plastered on her face. Her clothes were messed up because of señora Pepa's clouds.

Abuela furrowed her brows at this, "Drop the sass."

Y/n closed her eyes, rolling them behind her lids. She covered up her actions by taking a deep breath in and out. She made it look like she was calming herself down, "Sí, Abuela." Then she walked off, Camilo following behind her.

He didn't want to be left behind to answer Abuela's questions politely when he wasn't in a polite mood. Instead he took the lead and took them to his mother's room. Señor Félix would likely be putting his youngest to bed or comforting him, but señora Pepa was most definitely was going to be in her room. It was like her safe haven, and Camilo wanted to calm her down in the place she was most comfortable in.