Shaggy Man's Appearance [chapter 26]

Mirabel stood with her back to the rest of the family. She was on the cement, standing where the grand doors to the Madrigal residence once stood, "Look at this home; we need a new foundation." She turned back to her family, "It may seem hopeless, but we'll get by just fine."

"Look at this family," she took her eldest sister's hands in hers and lead her up the steps to the house. Isabela walked in, Luisa following right behind her, "A glowing constellation. So full of stars, and everybody wants to shine." The rest of the family followed the girls into the ruins of Casita. Julieta came in last, her and Mirabel holding each other's hands with similar smiles on their faces.

"But the stars don't shine, they burn—" Mirabel started, and y/n gasped in horror.

Everybody looked at her with a questioning look. She grabbed Camilo's shoulders and quickly shook him back and forwards, "Stars burn?! Why didn't you didn't tell me this? I have stated multiple times that I wanted to be one, and you weren't going to tell me they burn up!?"

"You looked hopeful. Who am I to crush such a fine woman's dreams?" he shrugged.

Antonio walked up to Mirabel who crouched down to meet him. He was happy to see his (favorite) cousin again. His action seemed to bring everybody back, "And the constellations shift."

"I think it's time you learn," Mirabel rushed to help Luisa push over a heavy rock. The buff woman was surprised at the action. She wasn't used to getting help under tense situations. Mirabel laid a hand on Luisa's bicep, giving her a smile, "You're more than just your gift."

Abuela stood by the doorframe, hand placed over her heart, "And I'm sorry I held on so tight. Just afraid I'd lose you too... The miracle is not some magic that you've got." Bruno appeared in the doorframe behind Abuela, shocking everybody with his arrival. For all they knew, he'd died after he disappeared. "The miracle is you. Not some gift, just you. The miracle is you."

"All of you, all of you."

Camilo looked at his uncle with confusion, "Ok... so, we gonna talk about Bruno?"

"That's Bruno," Antonio pointed at the shaggy man. He had his arms crossed and a... smug expression on his face?

"Yeah, there's a lot to say about Bruno..." the man himself mumbled. He sheepishly rubbed his arm before quickly perking up and performing some rather exaggerated choreography. "I'll start!"

He rushed and held his hand out to his triplet, spinning her until she was in Félix's arms. He ignored the gasps of surprise, "Pepa, I'm sorry about your wedding. Didn't mean to be upsetting. That wasn't a prophecy; I could just see that you were sweating."

"And I wanted you to know that your bro loves you so," he lunged at the couples for a hug before quickly pulling away. He started to throw some salt he seemed to be storing in his robe, twirling with his arms spread out after imitating snow. "Let it in, let it out. Let it rain, let it snow. Let it go!"

"That's what I'm always saying, bro," Félix gave a grin, holding his wife to him by the waist.

"I got a lot of apologies I got to say."

Julieta hugged her brother, who had just moved to start apologizing to her, tightly, "We're just happy that you're here, ok?"

"Come in to the light," Pepa hugged her triplet like Julieta had been.

"That trip was only a night," Agustín smiled with his bee sting covered self.

"And no matter what happens, we're gonna find our way!" Agustín wrapped his arms around the three and squeezed them into a hug.