11

It's finally Friday, which means the weekend is less than twenty-four hours away. Before peering down from my laptop screen to my notebook, I twirl my finger tips around my dirty blonde hair.

"You're a peculiar fellow creature." A deep voice says, sending chills up my spine. I roll my eyes before turning around on the spiny chair, and folding my arms over my chest before pinching the upper arm of Sorin.

"Would you mind explaining why?" My hands are intertwined as I ask the question. He walks over and sat at the foot of my bed and he flashes a cheeky look.

"You're skipping your class in favour of studying?" My hands are on my hips. As he stooped down to reach my height and pinch my elbow, he has a naughty glint in his eyes.

"Ouch!" I shriek whilst tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, furrowing my brows.

"Wuss." I get up from the white desk on my tiptoes, trying to scare him as he mumbles in a humorous tone.

Keep your distance from him.

I bite down on my lower lip before stepping down to my normal height and fiddling with my thumbs. Sorin furrows his brows and shakes his head sluggishly.

"It's almost Saturday," When he speaks, there's almost a sly tone to his voice. "That means we won't have to return back to campus until Sunday,"

"What are you planning?" I question, sitting down aside him on my bed. Looking up to meet his eyes, only just realising how intimidating yet gorgeous they are and I force myself to look the opposite direction.

"Why don't we leave a little earlier? I know you never said yes or no to spending the weekend with me and my family, but-" I pinched his tattooed forearm once more when he started rambling.

"I was planning on meeting Phoenix for coffee, but I guess I'll have to wait until Monday." I raise my eyes to Sorin, and the faint smile on his lips melts my heart; it was so small that I'm convinced it was only a trick of the light.

"It bothers me that you're hanging around with my ex-girlfriend." While I cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow, a smirk tugs at my lips.

"Why not?" He pinches my elbow one again, and I'm sure a bruise will develop. Before returning my attention to him, I massage my elbow. He rolls his eyes in response

It was frightening to think about meeting Sorin's parents. We're not in a relationship, and I wouldn't even consider us friends. But, with the exception of my brother, I have terrible relations with my family, and I don't want to have a miserable first weekend.

"And now exactly will we leave campus?" I ponder as I place my palms on my hips. It's just been one week, and I've already received a scolding from my headteacher and a punishment from my tutor.

I've had many panic attacks this week.

And I strive to stay out of harm's way. . I lay back on the palms of my hands.
"I'll just say I'm having a family emergency and you're here for...emotional support," his voice sounded a little shaky at the end.

"That plan is a shit." I speak honestly, and he responds with a typical roll of the eyes.
"Can you come up with a better idea?" His voice is rather cocky.

"We could state that we have a flight to see your relatives in Canada, and that we need to book it right away or we won't be able to fly until Sunday due to a snowstorm."

When I look up at Sorin, I notice that his mouth opens and then closes.
"No need to remind me, I'm fucking fantastic."

"In your dreams."

«»

I cross my arms over my chest, nod up and down, and smile like a knucklehead.
"We're paying a visit to my folks," Sorin says. I have to swallow a gag as he drapes an arm around my shoulders and pulls me closer to him.

"My parents want us to spend the weekend with them, and this ticket is the only one we can catch before all flights in Canada are cancelled due to a snowfall."

Our Headmaster nods his head up and down, clearly shocked by our arrival. I take a small step away from Sorin's arm as Mr Rodriguez rests a single hand on his hip before humming and nodding up and down one more.

"I'll allow you both leave campus, but you must pledge to make up any work you'll be missing." I roll my eyes as he speaks, and I hastily drop my sight to the floor.

We all know I'll never be able to finish any of it.

"I'll let you both go now; have a great weekend." He has a joyful tone to his voice. Sorin steps out of his office after I wave at him.

"Have a pleasant weekend, Mr Rodriguez." Sorin's husky voice sent shivers up and down my spine once more.

God really has his favourites. Lucky bastard.

"Just so you know, my sister will believe we're dating, so don't be a public fool." He warns whilst insulting me at the same time. I give him a side glare before passing past him and getting into the passenger seat of his car.

I lean against his car's glass window, allowing my fingertips to trace the water droplets that are dropping. I bounce my knee up and down, a nervous tic I've developed over recent years.

"Are you alright?" He mumbles, putting the car into gear and driving away from campus. Leaving was easier than expected.

"I'm not excellent with family dynamics; don't curse me if I screw things up." I mutter, stating the truth in response, and I shift my fingers from the window to my skirt, fidgeting with the loosening seam.

I wasn't anticipating what happened next, but it scared me shitless. I continue to bounce my knee up and down, and I see Sorin rolls his eyes before placing his hand on my thigh.

I'm stunned, my heart misses a beat.

Or two

Or three

Maybe even four.

It takes me a moment to regain control of my body, before I pinch every one of Sorin's knuckles.

"Is this going to be our thing now?" His eyes remains fixed on the road in front of us.

"Hmm?"

"Pinching one another?" He asks, and I chuckle, and I notice his lips slowly curl up before immediately returning to a straight line.

"I guess I could be put in the Guinness World book for most time pinched." I roll my eyes before brushing my finger pads against his slightly reddened knuckles.

I'm a good pincher, I bite back a smirk.

I swear his thumb caresses and strokes my thigh for a split second, and I swat his hand out of reflex, causing him to transfer his hand from my leg to the back of my seat.