36

Nita Ryuu

Everything from my bits to my nips ache. Everybody is waiting for our arrival at our new house, it's our first time leaving the hospital in several days. "I love her so much." I whisper to myself as I grab ahold of Ivy from her car seat. I cradle her closer to my chest whilst Sorin brushes his finger tips against her little pink cheeks.

I don't think I've ever loved someone as much as I do her. I clasp Sorin's hand in mine while supporting her head and torso with the other.

Ivy is a wonderful combination of both Sorin and me. Her tan skin, which she inherited from me, contrasts with Sorin's lovely icy blue eyes she has. She has Sorin's delicate nose and my faded freckles.

We are immediately mobbed by Sorin's family as soon as we enter our home. I've never seen so much affection in one place, everyone gazes at her with such warmth and love.

Sorin's lips brush against my ear, sending shivers down my spine as he whispers, "I told you. She's already surrounded by so much love." Karina approaches us and delicately traces Ivy's lips and nose with her finger. Karina slowly lowers her finger, which Ivy grabs with both hands, melting Karina's heart.

"I'm too young for one." She whispers to herself whilst subtly shaking her head, earning a laugh from me but not Sorin or Sarah.

"Don't you even dare, you ain't having one of these until your late thirties."Sorin replies firmly, his hands on his hips, and I roll my eyes while continuing to chuckle.

"What have you called her?" Koji inquires, his hand rests on my shoulder as he looks down at my daughter. Koji and I have been attempting to restore our sibling relationship, and after our little 'mishap,' he quickly realised that he wanted to be an uncle in his niece's life.

"Ivy Leigh." I cradle her closer to my chest, so no space in between us. I can't get enough of her little toes and fingers.

"Okay enough Mommy time, it's daddy time now." Sorin takes Ivy from me and carefully sways her from side to side while his older sister Charli drapes a little blanket around her body to keep her warm.

"Baby, are you crying?" Sorin asks gently grabbing ahold of my chin. Oh, I didn't even realise. He wipes away the stray tears flowing down my face with his thumb before pressing his lips against my left cheek and right cheek.

Everybody is surrounding Charli because she is now the one holding Ivy, leaving just me and Sorin talking. "I'm incredibly proud of you." He says this while twirling the ends of my hair around his fingertips and bringing me towards his chest. "I love you, you're so fucking beautiful."

"Stop with the PDA." Karina laughs as she says, I feel my cheeks heat up when he kisses my forehead. He takes my hand in his and we walk up to Nicolas, who is now holding Ivy.

"You've already earned the title of my favourite niece." Nicolas whispers to her as he cradles her from side to side while pressing a bottle of milk against her lips. I hear Charli gasp next to me, flicking her brother's forehead.

"I wonder why my daughter doesn't like you?" Charli says sarcastically before pressing her lips to Ivy's temple.

(–»

I put Ivy in her crib, which we had set up a few days before, and cover her with the yellow blanket that Sarah had knitted while I was in the hospital. Sorin and I are going for a little walk on the beech, while Koji keeps an eye on Ivy.