6 • Lake Special

Hardin

Looking at the box, I find it hard to believe everything that has happened. It's been a few years now that Tessa & I have been going out. I never imagined I'd make it this far. We both have our fuck up's but no relationship is perfect. Not book perfect- and certainly not pixel perfect.

Posting photos of each other or both of us together - they see smiles whereas we've probably argued moments before it was taken. We aren't creating a fake social media space, that's not us. But we take photos with each other or of each other. We only post because our friends pester us to see any news photos she might've gotten out of me.

I'm insulted at the same as flattered, because my friends know I do not and will never photos of me being taken, I certainly don't take selfies either. I say that - and Tessa has a few selfies of me on her phone when she's left it unattended. She shouldn't take so long in the shower.

She's in the shower right now as we're getting ready to go some place, she doesn't know the area but I'm gonna be sure to tell her that's it's not fancy wear more— less casual than anything. Too many layers isn't required.

"Okay Hardin, I'm ready" I hear Tessa say behind the bathroom door, I immediately close the ring box and shove it into my jeans pocket - but to my luck I struggle so I grab my leather jacket and show it in the closet pocket available.

"Okay, I'm already ready. Don't wear too much by the way - it's really not needed. Just wear a layer on each section of your smoking body" it really fucking is a smoking hot body and I get to fuck it whenever I want. It's a pleasure and a bonus that I can.

She really doesn't understand that no other girl has ever gotten me this much to theirselves. Tessa Young is a special woman. One that I, Hardin Scott get to call mine and enjoy on a daily basis. I couldn't be more lucky.

"Alright! Sure, when are we heading?" Smiling, I take her waist in my hands, brush my nose against hers gently.

"As soon as you've got clothes on, shove a pair of flats on- be quick though. We don't wanna lose daylight" she nods heading for the drawers. Of course at this point, I'm fibbing a little as my plan doesn't require the day light ruining the vibe I want.

"Alright! Be out in a minute then" I chuckle and move my jacket into my other hand after picking it back up.

This needs to go smoothly.

Once we've gotten to our location, after listening to music and having a laugh about me not telling her where we are going for the first full 10 minutes of the drive, she came to recognise the forest once we were inside. She smiled, I think she felt nostalgic.

"Why we back here?" I look at her, wondering what thoughts are going on through her head.

"Well, member I said this is a place I like to think in— I wanted to think, but I wanted your company with me to do so" She shrugs as well as nods at my answer.

It's not a lie technically, I need to think on what I'm going to say. Am I fuck the type of guy who thinks out cheesy fucking paragraphs and love letters. I've read about it and I shiver at the thought. So I gotta think as I say this shit because I know Tessa loves that.

I came down to the lake early yesterday whilst Tessa slept and set up the little surprise. I knew I wouldn't have time to do it today.

"That's true yeah, feels good to be back here after a long time" Slight guilt rises as the realisation of when we or even I was last here. Tessa was right. We abandoned it.

I'm back, Lake.

"Well let's take a walk! It's a lovely night out" I wrap my arm around her neck pulling her in for a gentle kiss.

"Alright! I think I know why you said to dress light, surely the water will be freezing cold though?" I smirk from behind her.

"Maybe I'll warm you up" I snake my hand around her waist and pick her up playfully.

"Hardin, careful! I don't want to you trip and fall" As I gentle place Tess back on the ground, she turns to me and grabs my face with her hands planting a kiss.

"Come on"

Once we get to the wooden deck, Tessa stops. All you hear is her gasping. She's shocked. A good shock I hope.

"Hardin, this is beautiful!" I smile at her and take her hand to lead onwards.

"I knew you'd like it" each step we both take, my heart beat gets harder, heavier and stronger. I'm sweating in places I shouldn't be.

We stop at the end, the lights are wrapped in the tree branches above us and around the wooden deck board, so the entire place was light up like the 4th of July.

I let go of Tessa's hand, slowly turn towards her... taking the ring box out of my pocket and kneeling down. I take a breath and prepare for the next few moments to go either way.

"Tessa Young" She turns to look at me and her eyes are wider than usual, although I immediately see tears brimming - I tell myself to hurry up.

"You've been a pain in my ass since you caught me in your dorm room, you called me out in class, you showed me there's more ways than one to get through things in life - you were there for me when my mother cheating on her boyfriend with my actual dad..." I stop and think, is this even going well?

"You're my better place Tessa and I cannot imagine my life without because it's physically and mentally impossible to do so... I know I've had a few fucks up in the past and you've deserved better than that. My shitty background isn't admirable. But I promise to TRY and be a good husband in the future because no matter what happens, I will protect you till the end, I love you with everything that I am, more than Mr Darcy with his Elizabeth Bennet, and you know yourself my thoughts on that book!" Tears were running down Tessa's face.

"I couldn't think of better way to show you what you mean to me Tessa, other than proposing to you in the place we had our first kiss, our first sexual encounter... the first I realised I fell in love with you. Will you put your heart on the line for me and become Tessa Scott, my wife, my life, my rock, my world?"

It's not 5 seconds after I've finished my speech of which I 100% completed winged, that Tessa throws herself around my neck.

"YES YES YES, HARDIN" I laugh hugging her tighter in the embrace. She literally is my whole fucking universe and I can't live without her.

"I'm glad!" She presses her lips to mines, I take the ring from the box and place it on her finger, holding her hand in mines.

"Future Mrs Scott!" I say with the biggest smile on my face.

"Has a nice ring to it Hardin" Tessa stated cuddling into my arm looking out to the lakes horizon.

I proposed to Tessa, and she said yes. Can't get much better than this.