8 • Saved You

Hardin

Swinging through the massive fire door that shuts off the outside world from the club, I finally leave at half 2 in the morning once I almost throw up the last whiskey I drank. I don't throw anything else down.

The outside world airs makes my head spin, it knocks me off balance and I slam into the wall right behind me.

"Jesus Christ, too much Hardin...idiot" luckily for me I live alone and just round the corner.

The street lines are gleaming through the night, makes me almost dizzy.

Shaking off the fizzy feeling circling my brain, I push off the wall and force my legs to move in direction of my loft apartment round the corner.

There's not a car in sight but there's a few folk walking about. Walking diagonally across the road, I walk past a door with someone lying against the brick wall. It's cold out. And someone is sleeping against a wall.

"Excuse me, miss?" She doesn't respond. She doesn't stir or anything. I reach down to shake her and she's cold to the touch.

"Holy shit. I think you've got hypothermia" I consider my options rapidly and decide on my next move.

"Don't get mad mat me..." I throw both her arms over my shoulder and throw my left arm under her legs, carrying her bridal style I walk round the corner with the girl who's freezing cold.

Making me way inside the building, I kick my door open with my steel toe cap boot and kick it back shut.

"Okay..." I gentle place the girl on the couch and run to my room for a spare blanket and pillow and lift the girls head carefully and place the pillow underneath and fan out the blanket over her.

Leaving the living room and heading into my own room for the night — I pray this girl doesn't steal anything.

next morning•

Waking up the sound of running water, I rush out of bed, forgetting I'm only in my boxers and look for the source of water.

My living room is empty but someone is in the bathroom. Not a second later is when that door opens and she stops walking out looking at me with fear.

"I-uh-I needed the toilet... I saw the door open— I'll replace the toilet paper I used, just please don't hurt me" I'm shocked, confused and just plain silent.

"I ain't gonna hurt you. How do you think you got my apartment. A random stranger didn't pick you up and drop you off at my door step... I found you out cold and suffering from hypothermia. I brought you back to my apartment and got you warmed up. I slept in my room to give you some space" She continues to stay silent but walks back the couch of which she slept on last night.

"I should thank you then, I didn't expect what happened last night to happen" I scoff at her excuse.

"You're not kidding, I was half drunk when I found you. Seeing you and realising you were freezing to death from the cold is what sobered me up within minutes" I walk over to the kitchen and pull out 2 glass tumblers — I look at the blond girl, she's standing at the couch folding the blanket I placed over her.

Opening the fridge I grab the water jug and fill the glasses. She has to be thirsty, surely?

"Here. Drink this — do you need anything medication?" She lifts the water from my hand and takes a swig.

"No thanks, I didn't drink or anything. I just got chucked out from my ex's apartment of where you found me. I had been walking back from my parents grave in the pissing rain and went to tell him where I went... I caught him in bed with a friend of mines. Neither of them apologised but within minutes the of discovering them both. My bag and I were out the door, he literally threw my bag at me and slammed the door in my face"

Both my hands went into balls, I wanted to punch fuck outta this guy and I've not even met him or heard of him. But the fact he had the audacity to hurt this girl— or even think he had the right to chuck her out. Baffles me.

"Well he's an absolute wanker of a man for doing that. Where's your bag? When I found you... it was only you!?" She realises that part of the story she just told me.

"Because the clothes laid in his apartment, i stupidly flung them out. I didn't want anything he had touched" Nodding, understanding. I wouldn't want to keep anything an ex has touched. Even though I've never had an ex.

"Well, until you get better situation... you can borrow a pair of shorts and a T-shirt from me" she nods smiling a little.

"Thank you and thanks for saving me. I didn't have anywhere to go, so I slept in the doorway. Thanks for picking me up..." I nod turning the TV on for the both of us to watch.

"If need be, you can stay here til you get your own place... no funny business of course. This part of town isn't friendly and not the place for a young woman to be trolling about in" She nods once more.

"Thank you, I'm Tessa" No smile in her direction but staring at the TV I respond.

"Hardin"