9 • Social Interaction

Josephine

I swipe away my friends Instagram DM to me, she said something to me yesterday that insulted me. I didn't have the energy to deal with her today. She'll learn that soon enough.

Grabbing the remote at my side, I switch between Amazon Prime to Netflix and decide to watch a Harry Potter movie. I decide on the one that goes back on the story of Tom Riddle.

I pick up my Starbucks from the table and take a swig as another notification comes through on my iPhone. At this point I'm getting annoyed. I'll tell her I'll message her tomorrow.

Pressing the lock button to see the notifications, I see something I didn't expect.

A liked photo notification from a Hero Fiennes Tiffin? Confused by the interaction, I swipe up and the phone goes to my Instagram notifications. I tap on the account name and the app takes me to his profile. I scroll through his photos curiously.

"He's a nice looking guy" is all I said before another notification came through. It was a direct message request, his profile photo showed on the request notification. I felt a pang of embarrassment for a moment.

The fact I've received this notification and I was JUST looking at his photos. Coincidence?

Tapping on the request, I see he's messaged a simple "hi ☺️"

I ponder whether or not to reply but the feeling lingers and before I know it, I'm responding.

"Hi! I see you liked a photo of mines" I immediately face palm myself, idiot.

"I did in-fact do that. I couldn't help it though. You're a very beautiful person. I hope you don't mind" Surely this is a typical guy response?

"As long as you don't mind me checking you out in the process..." oh my god, that sounded so bad and very weird with a side of stalker.

"I mean, I looked at your profile for a minute when your like notification came through, I had to know what the gif that liked my photo looked like...?" Part of me prayed I redeemed myself.

"Okay, did you like what you saw?" I could feel this guy smirking on the other side of this conversation. Just waiting for my response like a plonk.

I waved into this trap, I know it.

"I did" was the only response my brain could think off.

"Good, would you like to meet for a Starbucks, we can split the bill?" I liked this guy. Most guys offer to pay for the ladies drink but he didn't. I respected that he wanted to not be a cliché fairy tail guy. He wanted to make the meet up, fair.

"Yes, Saturday @ 2pm?" I smile at the fact I am making the time and not him.

"See you there Josephine" brownie point for not changing my suggestion.

"See you Saturday Hero"

This might be good for me. I can't wait.