Chapter 5 - Things of Interest

(The ~~~~~~~ means timeskip or something like that.)

Error's POV

Shifting from upstairs caught the glitch's attention. Turning his head the stairs' way, Error could see Gradient and Paperjam stumbling down the stairs, still tired from being asleep. 

When they were coming down the stairs, Error chuckled in amusement when Paperjam nearly trip on the last step. When the children came to the table, the ex-destroyer said "Sit down and let's eat. I made some breakfast." 

Only nodding in agreement, Gradient and his sibling settled down in the old seats at the table that occupied half of the kitchen space. Sitting down at the the table, the children began to drool slightly at the sight of all the food that was set before them. Error had used some random ingredients he'd found and had managed to make a decent meal. 

On the table was French Toast, covered with powered sugar and doused with syrup. It looked so soft and fluffy. Along with the toast, milk sat in large wooden cups to help wash it down. Serving the babybones food one by one, Error also thought about what to do for the day.

 Serving the babybones food one by one, Error also thought about what to do for the day

(Imagine something like this. Also. image found at https://www.loveandlemons.com/french-toast/.)

Since he and his family were new to this small but humble village, they might as well explore their new home. Paperjam and Gradient also needed to

Error was suddenly shaken out of his thoughts, by a small hand yanking on the bottom of his dress. Looking down, the glitch spotted Paperjam, tiny hand clutching his dress and looking up at him with large eyes. 

Looking up at him with puppy-dog eyes, Paperjam said "Mama . . .? Can we go explore?" (Oh such cuteness!!!). Smiling down at his child, (remember Paperjam is Non-Binary) rubbed his hand on their little skull and knelt down to his level. "Of course we can, Jammy. I was actually thinking about going shopping for toys."

Hearing that, PJ squealed in delight and sped upstairs to get their shoes, which had been taken off for the night and Paperjam thought they were leaving soon. As he looked to where Paperjam disappeared, Error heard Gradient say, "Are we going to leave right now?"

Nodding in a 'yes' manner, Error said, "Yeah, we might as well leave now, otherwise Paperjam would be pretty disappointed."

Gradient jumped down from his chair, also seeming to be excited, just hiding it better than his sibling did. As his children were grabbing their shoes, Error suddenly remembered that he had no idea what this multiverse's currency was.

Internally panicking, the glitch spun around, searching for his jacket. It had about 300 G in it so that might work. Soon spotting it in the corner of the kitchen, hanging on a nearby hook, Error quickly yanked it off and searched through its pockets. Instead of finding any of his gold in it, the ex-destroyer only found a bundles of paper. Confusion fill his face.