Chapter 6 - New Worries

???'s POV

A dark cloaked figure, seemingly a human, could be seen leaping through the treetops. This monster seemed to be a vampire, based on the way they always avoided the rays of the sun, which was now setting in the distance. 

As night set in and the mythical creatures began to roam about, the vampire had arrived at a large grandeur castle, styled similar to a medieval castle.

Slipping through the gates and hiding in the shadows to avoid getting spotted, the human gradually made their way to the main room of the building. Turning and twisting throughout the halls, the figure finally arrived at the large doorway of the throne room. 

Occupying the doorway were two large oak doors, each nine feet high and has gold trim. As quietly as could be, the human heaved the doors open and blinked as candlelight now bathed their face, revealing bright, fiery eyes shining from beneath the hood. Once fully inside, the fire-eyed vampire took their hood off fully, revealing them to have copper-colored hair.

Inside the room the light was dim, but still bright enough to see. As they came closer to the throne that rested at the back of the room, the air around the human was growing incredibly chilly, but the young vampire seemed to be unaffected.  

Now, if you were there in person, you would not really anyone on the throne, courtesy of the dim lights in the room and shadows covering the throne. 

But as you get closer, you would see a figure, blending in with the shadows that fell over the throne, covering it like a blanket. The figure was lean in structure, but tall in stature. If they were standing they could be at 6'2. 

When close enough, the details are finally noticeable. The figure was a monster, a male skeleton to be more precise, and had black bones. A crown adorned his ebony head and markings were littered around his eye sockets. He wore a red dress shirt with a black tunic and a dark cape to cover his shoulders.

 He wore a red dress shirt with a black tunic and a dark cape to cover his shoulders

(Image is drawn by me, I just used a base.)

The skeleton seemed bored, resting his skull on his hand, but perked up in interest when Carlos entered the room. "Well, Carlos? What do you have to tell me?", he said. Curling back his lips to form a grin, the now-named vampire began to report. 

"Well, King Fallacy, here are a few new villagers residing in the village at the edge of our woods. Spies who reside there report them to all be skeletons, with black bones."

At the mention of black-boned skeletons, Fallacy perked up in interest. "Really...? Maybe I should go give them a visit." The vampire before him shivered in trepidation. When the vampire king was interested in something or someone, it usually didn't end very well. Not at all.

Error's POV

It was currently time for supper, as the moon was just beginning to peek over the horizon. Currently, Paperjam and Gradient were chasing each other around in the backyard. Taking in a deep breath, Error called out "Gradient! PJ! It's time to eat!" Almost immediately, they stopped what they were doing and scrambled inside.

The food on the table was what you'd think a traditional medieval meal might look like. Corn was in a medium-sized bowl, perfectly ripe. Potatoes and apple slices were also served in small dishes to the side.

The main meal was roast chicken. The old cat from before, who Error now knew as Sylvester, had been kind enough to give him the meat. 

As the children sat down, Error reminded himself to invite the old monster over some time. Smoothing out his skirt, the ex-destroyer seated himself at the table, facing his children, and began dishing out the steaming hot food. 

Paperjam was so excited, they tried eating the corn as soon as it was served and ended up burning their tongue.Laughing out in amusement,  Error quickly grabbed some ice-cold water for PJ's tongue. As they ate, Error couldn't but get an uneasy feeling. He didn't know why, though. 

All he knew was that something was going to happen and nothing good was gonna come out of it.After dinner, the small family cleaned the dishes and began to get ready for bed. Since Error had no other clothes beside's the ones they had, they had to sleep in what they had on.

Before heading upstairs, the scarred skeleton quickly made a mental note to make more clothes the next chance he got.

As his children scurried upstairs, Error's uneasy feeling only grew worse. Whatever was gonna happen was going to happen very soon. Sighing out in nervousness, Error began following after the duo that recently bolted up the stairway.

Just as he was about to head off to his room, Error heard Gradient call out. "Mama! Can you tell us a bedtime story!?" Chuckling at his child's excitement, the black-boned skeleton entered the room and sat down on the babybones' bed. Searching deep in his memory, Error began to tell a story all Aus knew. "Once upon a time, there was a fluffy bunny. . ."

~~~~~~~

It was a quiet night in the village, but that silence was soon broken by a loud crash and two small screams coming from a certain house in the village. Error bolted out of bed, nearly stumbling. Bolting to the children's room, the skeleton skidded to a stop when he saw the chaos.

A tall figure was standing in the shadows, towering over Paperjam and Gradient who were cowering in the corner, shaking in fear.

The figure was lean and had a deep, navy blue cloak covering most of their body. At the sound of Error entering the room, the figure slowly turned around and revealed them to be the ex-destroyer's counterpart.

Panicking slightly, Error's eyes darted around the room searching for a way to distract the skeleton. Finally, his eyes landed on a large wooden beam hanging over Fallacy's head. Raising his phalanges to his eye socket, Error swiftly drew his magical strings, which startled his opponent. 

Taking the opportunity, Error launched his strings at the supporting beam above Fallacy. The beam fell on the skeleton, effectively pinning him underneath its weight. By the time the vampire king emerged from the rubble, the skeleton family had fled into the night.

A/N - Hello, Readers! I am glad that so many people have enjoyed this book. I am sorry that it took so long to update but I was working on some stuff. Also, the voting is still open on Prologue. The top two are Fallacy x Error and Error x Nightmare, so if you haven't voted yet, go ahead and vote. 

Voting for the ship ends on Valentine's Day.