Chapter 10 - What!?

Error's POV

Error wasn't usually in a state of vulnerability after being kidnapped. However, with his kids thrown into the mix, caution was necessary if he wanted them to survive, as they were only demigods.

The four of them sat in the darkness, sitting stiffly and staring at each other for several moments. The situation broke when Gradient issued a slight sneeze. In the dark, Error could just distinguish Fallacy's eye socket twitch in what could be amusement or annoyance. It was most likely the latter, as the king growled somewhat at Gradient.

Fearing for the child's safety, Error stepped between the two, placing himself in Fallacy's gaze.

A monster bursting into the room interrupted their stare-down. "Your majesty," they croaked out.

"Jasper is missing!" At his words, Fallacy's gaze left Gradient while he bellowed out, "WHAT!?"

~~~~~~~

Error didn't know how he ended up aiding the king.

And as if the situation was any more awkward, his partner was the vampire king, while Gradient and Paperjam stayed behind. As the duo searched the woods for Jasper, Error couldn't help but feel a sense of dread as they searched. The dark clouds overhead were not helping, either. It signaled that a storm was on the way and a bad one at that.

Moving on, the (former) destroyer thought he spotted something moving about a kilometer away, behind a heap of boulders. Glancing at the vampire king, Error slipped on his glasses and teleported away to investigate.

With Fallacy so close, the god had to be careful what he revealed and did. Once he was a stone's throw away, the scarred skeleton could hear faint sounds of whimpering coming from behind the boulders.

Creeping closer, Error could hear someone else. Peeking over the nearest stone, the god caught view of a cloaked monster crouching down in the dirt. Nearby, a burlap sack was leaning against the boulders. There was something inside, as the bag was moving around a lot.

The being had a shadow covering much of its face, but soon Error saw its face clearly. "Weasel..." He mumbled.

He knew very well that those slippery rodents were untrusty monsters (sorry to weasel lovers)

They could get by most security systems and were notorious for kidnappings or assassinations. It seemed this multiverse had something similar.

As Error glared down at the furry critter, nervousness set in. Fallacy would notice his absence any moment now, and if the king made his presence known, the weasel would flee, taking Jasper with them. He would have to execute his plan perfectly and precisely.

However, the clouds from earlier were setting a time limit, as Error could hear the faint echoes of thunder. Based on the distance and timing of the thunder, he had about 15 minutes before the storm was upon them. With a plan partially planned, Error summoned a portal underneath the sack, causing the bag to drop through it and into his arms. 

The god quickly teleported away from the boulders and back to Fallacy. It was just in time too, as the beginnings of the storm were upon them.

Before the vampire could question the sack in his hands, Error grabbed his cape and teleported one final time to the main castle. Arriving in the main hall, Fallacy stumbled away from the (former) destroyer, shocked at what just happened.

Error carefully released Jasper from the sack as Fallacy opened his mouth to question the god. The glitch quickly shot him a look that said "Later", since the vampire prince was currently more important. That shut the king up fast and he followed Error as he transported the prince to his bedroom. Gradient and Paperjam were in the room next door, so the ex-destroyer joined them. leaving Fallacy in the hallway. 

However, before the king could get back to his office, the maid Fibi ran up to him in a nervous manner. "Your Majesty!" they started. "A revolt has been reported in the palace of the werewolf king!"

A/N - Finally a chapter! School has been hectic so another chapter should be out at the latest, the end of March.