benny imagine

"benny man look at her" squints said eyeing the new girl in town who lived right next to the sandlot

"yeah yeah wow"

"man she's like 2 years older than you guys" benny said rolling his eyes and sipping his coke.
"yeah yeah so what does that mean?she could be 12,you never know man" yeah yeah replied rolling his eyes. "she looks my age" benny said replying back not caring.

the girl has dark brown hair a little above her shoulders,brown eyes,and olive skin. she was wearing a pink sundress with cherries on it and beat up converse. benny knows shes been in town for about 2 weeks.

the boys kept arguing about her age till benny caught her eyes.they both stared each either down for a few seconds when she winked at him and waved. he didn't expect it so he just stared back she smiled and started walking towards vincent's drug store.

"i'm running to vincent's,10 minutes alright?" benny said dropping putting his coke in the table and started jogging after her. he kept jogging until he was next to her. she looked over with a questioning look.

"your new in town?" benny asked smiling. "yeah, a few weeks" "what's your name?" "yours?" she replied still walking to vincent's. "benny,benny rodriguez" "i'm violet hernandez." she said tucking her hair behind her ear. benny started making small talk with her. she would always reply,look at him,then keep walking forward.

they got to vincent's and benny asked, "so what're you here for?" "well i'm here for...actually i dont really know" she said knitting her eyebrows together. "well um the m&ms are good,me and my team usually get the cokes they're real cheap." benny said pointing to the aisles. "i haven't had coke in a while" she said walking to the back of the store where the drinks were.

she sat there thinking about whether or not she want a glass bottle or a can. "so where'd you move here from?" "chicago,i miss it a lot" "my family lives there" benny replied grabbing a glass coke bottle,so did violet.

violet went to the candy aisle and grabbed a thing of bubblegum and walked up to the cashier. "that'll be 5.34" "here i'll pay,this too" benny said putting his coke on the counter. "ok 6.23" benny pulled out a 10 dollars bill and smiled at violet who smiled back.

"thank you" violet said when they walked out the gas station. "yeah it's fine"

benny knew that wouldn't be the last time they would talk,he just knew it.