Chapter 6

Madam Elizabeth Viola Samuels's POV

I'm now sitting at the fvcking table.

Oops. Sorry for my words. I truly didn't mean it.

Why is my grandaughter late?

Oh yeah, I forgot . Silly me. I'm very old. I don't want to tell her that I already know she has Cancer and how because, I want to hear it from her. I don't want her to hesitate to tell me, I am after all her Grannie'.

.

.

"Where is Cassandra? I thought she's already on the way?"

I asked my secretary, Ms. Candy

"Ma-madam, she-she's-"

my secretary stuttering. . 

"Grannie! I'm here!'

Thank God! Here's my beautiful-, Oh. She looks pale and very tired. She kissed my cheeks then, she seated across me, away from me. From this long fvcking table!

Oops. Now I meant it.

"So Grannie', how was your day?"

Cassandra asked, and took a little bite of her food. Of course, she has no appetite! She's from the Hospital! GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

"Candy, please leave us."

I said then my secretary left. I want to be alone with my grandaughter, its the first night we ate dinner together and the very first night she didn't go clubbing. Of course i'm happy because she is here with me now, yet i'm not quite happy. She's here for the very reason of not having her body go with the flow of her lifestyle no more.

"I'm okay. My day was just, any ordinary day. How about you? Don't you have anything to tell me?"

I said. I'm very frank, obviously. Where did you think Cassandra inherited her sharp-needled tounge? FROM ME , OF COURSE! 

Then Cassandra, choked.

"Wha-what Grannie'?"

"Nothing. I was just asking, that's all."

"Oh"

"So, are you gonna go out tonight?"

"Oh, i think i'll pass up. Anyway Grannie-?"

Cassandra's unfinished sentence. . 

"What is it?"

"Can I apply for home-school?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Cassandra said,  trying to brush off the topic.

"No, it's fine with me. I'll make Candy see to it"

"Okay"

Then she got up to the staircase, yes, she didnt even say goodnight. True, but i don't want her to, not even a goodbye. it's good that way. I don't want her to say anything like bidding farewell.