Chapter 13

No one's particular POV

As Madam or Cass's grandma was wandering around the house she happened to pass on Cass's room (was near by the stairs also) which her door was quite open, anyone could get inside, could peep in but, in her shock all she did was stare, stood there, speechless by the sight. Fortunately words came out of her mouth.

"No.... Not yet."

She wanted to get inside Cass's room yet her feet won't cooperate with her. She stood there, frozen until she had mustered up all her guts and strength inside her, to move. She wasn't even half way to Cass's room but he already knew she was watching by the door earlier. Jack looked at Madam Elizabeth Viola in the eyes and walked towards her. She held her hands to her mouth.

"I am not here for you if, that is your concern."

Jack told Cass's grandma.

"If you're not here for me then you're here for......"

Madam Elizabeth's voice trailed off as the thought kicked into her mind.

"Yes, I am here for your dearest granddaughter, Cassandra."

Jack answered.

"She's too young. Why not me? Huh'? Young lad' why not me?"

Madam asked, more liked begged for her granddaughter's life towards the Dark Angel.

"I can't answer your question but, I can tell you something. She will not leave, yet. If she'll find it inside her heart I will not take her from you, nor will she be leaving."

Jack said.

"You talk in riddles."

Madam said trying to pry more.

"Oh. Don't you talk in such way also?"

Jack let out a little laugh.

"I don't know if I should be happy or be sad but, thank you."

Madam said and took Jack's hands, held it then hugged him. Tears flooded. She then made her way out and let out a sigh, a good sigh.

As she was in the living room she saw her secretary, Candy sitting in the sofa.

"Good morning Candy, what brings you here?"

As her Secretary stood she waved her hands to let her stay in place.

"I came here because, Madam I-I-I I have to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"It's about your granddaughter, Cass. Madam, she has-"

"I know."

"You know-You-You know already, Madam?"

"I'm not that stupid Candy. I have my shares in the hospital where Cassandra was taken by Sophia last night. I'm not that old to be fooled by my granddaughter. I guess, she just forgot to ask Sophia in which hospital were she in. So, is there anything left you wanted to say?"

Candy took off her glasses and wiped the tears from her beautiful eyes. God! Is Cassandra that pitiful, right now?

"You better be stop crying or I may forget you're already part of this family."

Candy then came up to me and hugged me, tightly. God this girl! Oh. I forgot I don't just have my Cassandra, I have three of them. Cassandra, Sophia, and Candy. I should be thankful instead of thinking other things. I guess this saying that goes is true. .

"We think and trouble ourselves over something yet, we forget and find ourselves lost because, we couldn't see the miracles that are happening in front of us."

"That's enough, Candy. I don't want to cry yet. We need to do something."

"Ah, ye-yes, madam."

Candy stood and straightened herself.

"We'll need to have Cassandra's permission first."

"Ahm, may I ask if what is that we need to do Madam that needs Miss Cassandra's consideration?"

Candy said and prepped up with her notebook and pen.

"We need to celebrate."

"Ma-ma-madam? Celebrate?"

"Yes, celebrate because she's my granddaughter and that God didn't take her in one flick of a finger. It might be too sarcastic in doing so, you know celebrating but, I don't care what other people will say. What matters is my grandaughter's consideration anyway it will just be a little party. The people who will be invited are to Cassandra's liking. There should be alcohol-"

"A-a-alcohol Madam?"

Candy stuttered and stopped taking down notes.

"Yes, I want to drink and drink. Don't you drink?"

Madam Elizabeth smiled wickedly like a teenager.

"I do drink madam but, I can't drink hard alcohols."

Candy answered and smiled back.

As Madam Elizabeth didn't talk for a minute. . . .

"Instead of mourning and be pitying you're celebrating. Madam, you're so brave. I wouldn't want to compare you to anything. You're the best."

"I'm not the best but, you are and Cassandra last but not the least Sophia. You three are the best because you chose me and God gave the three of you, to me."

Suddenly a tear fell from Madam's eyes. She wiped it and gave Candy a look which meant that 'don't ever tell anyone that this old hag got into this kind-of conversation'.

(A/N; HEY DEAR LOVELY READERS! HAHA, Sorry ngayon lang ako nag update marami kasing problema. Pero ang tanong... Sino nga ba naman ang taong walang problema diba? Well, anyway maikli lang po talaga ang inup-date ko kasi hindi ko pa po na type yung other part nito, lastly malapit na rin po itong i-end ko toh', so please, please do watch for the ending! Thank you so much!