Chapter 9

Chapter 9

'Nothings ever changing it'

Keith's POV

She doesn't have to say she's okay or not. Because I'll always know. I pushed the button for the doorbell.

The door opened.

She was wearing her pajamas with her sports bra as her top. Still sexy as ever. As I stepped inside I looked closely to her face. Then her lips, Such a bothersome lips, wait. It's cut.

"What?"

-Cass

"What happened to your lips?"

-Me

"I bit it."

-Cass

Oh. Well, you should have told me that you want your lips to be bitten , . . you should have called me I would have done the job for you.

Fuck. What is on my mind?

"Your pale. Your sick."

-me

"Do you really have to say those words? Do you always have to speak what's on your mind?"

-Cass

"So you are. What is it? Is it a flu?"

-me

"Let's go to the rooftop."

-Cassandra said.

We always talked and had fun at the rooftop. Yes, I love her. Noon pa man minahal ko na siya. Either than her best friend Sophie, I was with her through everything. Tawagin man siya nang kung ano-ano, I didn't give a damn. Yes, she may be the bad-ass queen bitch gangster they always talk of, But they don't really know who she is, why does she do this and that. I may be describing her all too mysteriously but she is the most opposite person who all of the people know her. She became the person they want her to be. She didn't want to be stooped low, nor be pitied of. It made her small, that's why.

She has been rejecting me for 2 years until now. I know, but its tough love. I always had it in mind; If I can't win her heart, then let it be. But I'll always be beside her.

She sat by the bench across the roses here at the rooftop.

I sat beside her.

I hugged her.

I couldn't stop myself from doing it.

And luckily? She hugged me back. For the first time in history? She didn't shove me away.

"I missed you so much. Are you really okay? Please talk to me. Please."

-I said then, she broke away from our hug.

"I'm sorry. *tears flowing from her eyes* You need to go."

-She said then turned her back to me.

Now she's shoving me away.

"What's wrong?"

I asked. My patience thinning.

"This is what's wrong!"

She faced me with her right hand a bunch full of. . . .

Hair strands.

"I'm dying."

She said.

"Wait. No, no, no, no, no. Your not. Your not! Your okay. You are okay."

I said trying to convince her and myself from what's happening. I tried to hide the tears from falling but, it can't be helped. It fell.

"Leukemia. Stage 2. I'm sorry for everything. I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry."

She said. She's like saying farewell to me. She-she-she's saying sorry.

"Your okay. Your joke is not so cool, huh? You could try to tell me another one."

I muttered as I wiped my tears and forced a smile.

"I'm not joking Keith. My wish is after all, dying. Now it's happening. You should be happy for me. Right?"

She said and pushed/nudged her hand to my shoulder.

DAMN THAT FUCKING WISH!

"I wish I could be happy for you. But not this one."

I would be the fucking last person on earth who would be happy of you dying. I don't want her to die. Who does want to let their love one's die, right?

"How long have you been this?"

-me

"Since last week. My hair is falling off because I took radiation and the others. They say it was a combination. So good to talk to you, and thank you. You know your way out, right?"

She said then, stood up and turned her back to me. Again.

"I love you, and nothing's ever changing it. Nothing."

I said then had gone off.