2. Celebration Party

Chapter Two.

Anastasia's point of view:

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!

Dear Archer,

Today you're wearing a pink slick button up, leaving about four of the buttons undone to show off the scattered tattoos on your chest, along with your usual black skinny jeans. You decided that today was a special occasion to put on the multiple huge rings on your fingers, leaving your nails painted black. I like to think that you dressed this nice for me. I know it sounds pathetic and it sounds a bit ludicrous, but you are this dressed up for my party.

Our moment in the kitchen keeps swirling in my mind like a broken record, every moment seeming to become more important to me. We have had previous conversations— it would be odd if we didn't given that you have been dating her for almost a year now— but this one was different.

You were not asking me about her location or if you could come into the house after I opened the door or if she was staying after school that day— you were interested in me.

Now, I know the conversation left your mind the moment you meet eyes with her and you have not thought about me once, but I think about it for the both us. I feel for the both of us.

But I cry for me though.

I am pathetic.

I know this and there is no other explanation for it. I am in love with a man who's in love with someone else and that is my downfall. You're my downfall Archer and you don't even realize that. It's not even your fault. I wish could blame you and say you lead me on and that you're the reason why I am so desperately alone and so sad, but that's no where near the case.

I should end this letter here since the guest are starting to flood in. I don't want anyone asking what I am writing or looking over my shoulder.

Goodbye Archer.

Love,
Anastasia.

I stare at the piece of paper that filled with words I could never say in person because of the coward that I am. I fold it neatly before standing up from my chair and make my way to the stairs, needing to hide this letter as soon as possible.

"Where are you going?" My father inquires, interrupting his conversation with the local neighbors in the town.

"I'm going to put something away, I'll be right back." I promise him.

He eyes my skeptically before nodding and I don't allow him or anyone else to stop me further before I walk up the stairs and into my room. I fall to my knees, reaching my hand under my bed to grab a hold of the box.

Once I place my letter into it and leave it back from where it came from— I stand up. I didn't want to go back down stairs. There was no one that I hung out with here, all of them were busy going to the party that a football player was throwing, and I was stuck here being honoured for something that didn't even truly mattered. This was also a chance for my parents to reconnect with all their long lost friends, so they weren't even giving me any attention. I don't know why it's so important for me to even be in there, sitting on a chair, staring at nothing and no one.

The sound of someone clearing their throat fills my empty room and I twirl around vastly to meet his emerald eyes.

My heart stops.