8. Questions Exchange For A Smile

Chapter Eight. 

Archer's Point of View:

[PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT]

I dream about the days where I would wake up and not feel this weight that's so heavy that it feels as if it's crushing me, leaving me almost breathless at times. I dream about the days where I would feel more than this pain and the anxiety and I would know why people smile and laugh so freely. I don't ever have the urge to laugh and smile the way I see people all around my school and all around this town do so. I watch my mom and my dad and my sister look so happy and I envy them so very much. But they haven't seen what I seen. They haven't been through what I have been through. They haven't lost what I have lost. I can't be selfish enough either to feel bitterness towards them for that. I wouldn't wish my life story on anyone, not even on the devil.

I rest the book on my chest as I take a break from Anastasia's notebook, looking over to her where she sits on my floor, next to my closet door with a pen and another notebook on her legs that were bent close to her chest. I stare at the curly hair, brown eyes, and tan skin girl with the small round birth mark on her upper lip and dark circles around her eyes.

She was so small, not body type wise, I have not seen the outline of her body, but height wise. She couldn't be more than five feet tall and she had to pain the size of giant.

It's been four days since I brought her to the lake and talk to her. I have made sure to spend every day with her since and I am waiting for the day that she tells me she's getting tired of me but she doesn't. She's little less intimated and fearsome around me, but she's still closed off. She constantly asks me what Alice thinks about me hanging out with her a lot and I just tell her that she's been busy with her curricular activities. Alice has been over the moon with the fact that me and her are getting close, happy to see Anastasia around someone other than her bedroom four walls, notebooks, and pens.

I have taken her to the lake once more, to run some errands with me at the local stores one day, and those days I tried to get her to talk to me but she would be very vague and it wouldn't help tame my curiosity about her one bit. I have noticed in the past two days that she does better with just being in silence and just writing or reading than talking and going out places. She was more relaxed and more herself and I have decided to just settle for that.

"So, you really don't smile or laugh?" My voice startles her and I try my best not to laugh.

Her eyes flicker towards mine. "I smile occasionally, I'm not a complete monster."

"Was that just a joke that I heard come from the Anastasia Pollen?" I mock her, clapping her notebook shut and lay it besides me as I sit up

"Yes, I also do that too occasionally." She purses her lips and I have taken notice that she has a habit of doing so when she wants to smile but refrains.

I realise I really yearned to be a witness of her smile, how odd.

"I think since I have been giving you such great company for the past four days and I deserve to see a smile from you." I say, standing up from my bed.

"The fact that you have to request for a smile from me is sad." She shakes her head in disappointment.

"Or we could look at it that like this," I rake my hands through my curls. "People spend so much time during their lives fake smiling and fake laughing to put on a facade that they are always happy or to not hurt another persons feelings, but you don't do so. When you smile, it's real and it makes the person you smile for feel special. I think it's quite great."