6. I Will Be Back

Chapter Six.

Anastasia Point of View:

[PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT]

Dear Archer,

I broke down yesterday when I read what you wrote from your heart. I should have known that she was going to be the topic you would gravitate towards and I already knew everything I was reading— but it hit me way harder when it became reality. I believe my subconscious was convincing my conscious that I was making all the feelings you have for her up and that you really didn't love her and when I was proven wrong it crashed all those walls of delusions. But nonetheless, I am happy that you're happy, even if it does break me in the process.

If I was selfish I would try to come between you two and take you away from her but I could never. Even though I avoid her out of jealousy— I really do care for her. She is family after all. I understand completely why you fell for her, she's the ray of sunshine in this family—- always taking care of others and while also showing you can also care deeply about yourself. She loves attention and it loves her back.

She's the perfect girl and you're the perfect boy.

You two belong together.

I yearn for you to belong with me though.

But sadly, you never will.

Goodbye Archer.

Love,
Anastasia.

After I put my envelope in its safe place, I walk out of my room to join the rest of my family for dinner. My father told my mom about my meltdown yesterday and she's been on eggshells with me every since— not wanting to send me into another one. I appreciate her concern and I understood that she didn't know how to handle these situations, but I wish she would act like my dad and pretend that nothing happened. He's only asked me if I was okay once I woke up from a fourteen hour "nap" and I simply nodded and then he proceeded on, acting like yesterday was erased from his mind.

"Hello my love," My mom smiles at me as I enter the dinning room.

Everyone, including Archer, was already seated at the table with plates in front of them. I noticed how all of their food was untouched and I connected the dots pretty vastly that they were waiting for me.

"You didn't have to wait for me." I mumble as I take a seat next to dad.

"Nonsense, we can't have a family dinner without you." She tells me.

"Thank you," I nod and her eyes soften.

I could feel his eyes watching me, observing me with those same curious eyes— like he always does. He always watched me like I was some kind of distinctive creature that he was trying to figure out. As if I always spoke in a foreign language to him that he desperately wanted to know about.

It always made me feel uneasy and more alert with every movement I made.

"We missed you at school today," She speaks up after the only sound being our silverware clinking against our plates became unbearable.

I hated that I always flood the room with thick tension.

"Did you now?" I reply back, my voice teasing so she knew that I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

"Yes, it was like the whole day was off and everyone felt it." She response with a smile, her stance straightening as she becomes exhilarated at the thought of me actually conversing with her.