8- ɢʀᴇᴇɴʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ

ATHENA RAN home, going through the reservation to make sure no one followed her. The wolves watched from far away enough as she travelled through, not even making an indent on the leaves that lay across their land. In anger, she walked into her back garden and started throwing rocks at trees in an attempt to get rid of it. It worked somewhat so she retreated to a warm bath, letting her mind calm down as she quickly read the two books she had grabbed from her nightstand. At just gone seven o'clock, she calmly dressed and got ready for the walk to school. Such an angered start to the day meant her mind felt compelled to change up the music that she usually listened to on the walk, instead choosing her lengthy playlist of classical music that all held memories from her vampire life. Some from balls, others from concerts or just little gatherings that she had been a part of. By the time she arrived at the parking lot, where two bright yellow buses parked, Athena had a soft smile on her face. Like always.

Thankfully she had been assigned to the other bus with Eric so she wouldn't have to see Edward and get enraged again. Long ago she had mastered the practice of locking her angered feelings away but this one was difficult to shift. Her happy demeanour shattered as she saw Edward looking towards Bella, an odd expression showing on his face. She had half the mind to go and give him another go but knew that it wouldn't end very well for the both of them, in exposing the secret sort of way. Plus, the anger slowly disappeared the closer she got to her bus.

Just as she stepped onto the first step, a tugging on her jumper pulled her away. Athena quickly turned and relaxed slightly as she saw Alice, pulling her towards the other bus. She just laughed, walking alongside Alice as they talked about something they were discussing last night. The anger fizzed down from a fire to a few crackling embers, only igniting again when she became undistracted. Athena sunk into the seat behind Alice and Luna, still talking to Alice over the chair about a vision she had seen recently. Athena began to worry about something else, her survival. As Jasper walked onto the bus, Alice shifted the conversation to something completely different instantaneously and urged Athena to go with it with her eyes. So she did, not quite knowing why he wasn't supposed to overhear. She smiled at him as he walked up the aisle, choosing to sit next to her instead of in the empty seat opposite.

The bus started up and Alice and Athena's conversation carried on until Alice got distracted talking to Luna. Athena sunk back in her seat, not really minding the sudden stop in their conversation. Her mind turned over and over about what Alice had said and she just wanted the thoughts to settle. So she took out her headphones, placing one in her ear in case Jasper wanted to talk about something and she listened to every little note of the music, watching the passing wildlife out of the rain-splattered window. During the first song, a minute into it, Jasper picked up the other end of the headphone. She turned and smiled at him softly, letting him know that he could listen if he wanted to.

"So, how'd you like my book," she whispered as he placed the black headphone into his ear. He raised a brow in surprise, thinking he had hidden it well enough when she came into his room. "I saw it behind the pillow," she chuckled softly as the song changed to one of her favourites from her time in France.

"I don't typically tend to read things like that, so I have nothing to compare it to," he spoke softly, hoping not to hurt her already confusing feelings. The comment didn't seem to have any effect on her. "It was very well written and Alice loves it," he smiled at the slight shift in happiness that showed itself in a bitten back grin.

"I didn't expect you to even read it," she replied in a whisper, looking into his gold eyes that poured into hers. She wondered what colour they had been originally.

"Of course, I'm going to read it, Athena," he paused, watching the smile on her face only grow as she glanced at the bus floor. "Have you written anything recently?"