41- ʜᴜɴᴛ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

ALICE'S VISION, the one that Athena had only been informed about when Edward said he was leaving, was an interesting one. One that displayed the final capture of Victoria in the woods on a random evening in the future. Edward took Bella out to town, for her own safety and so she could see her mom before she turned into a vampire and had to lose contact forever. It didn't take an awfully intelligent person to figure out that he wanted the trip to convince Bella not to turn. Athena knew that she would not change her mind, Bella was a resilient mortal and even more stubborn than she was. And she thought that Edward knew that too, he just chose not to believe it.

The family, baring Edward, all stood out in the forest waiting for Alice's notice that the vision would be taking place soon or for Athena to sense a nearby consciousness. All the vampires were silent, listening for the movement of the forest and poised on her feet, getting ready to run when it was called for. The tense atmosphere that Athena had readied herself for did not appear, each soul was posied and pretty much raring to go - not nervous in the slightest. "She's almost here," Alice called out, glancing around at the branches around her as each person did the same in search of that flash of red that had haunted Athena so.

Athena zeroed in on her surroundings, blocking the sounds of the forest and blurring the green around her until she was in a negative space with no distractions. She searched and searched, listening and yearning to hear just a hint of thoughts from the vampire that would speed past at any moment. Then she heard something, a single curse in her head that ricocheted from someone else's mind to hers. "On your left!" she exclaimed, listening to the thoughts only get louder and louder.

By the time she had bought herself back from the numb world she had created in her own mind, Victoria had already run past and the others were mere seconds into the hunt. Those mere seconds had her lagging slightly behind to begin with but her focus on trying to get further into Victoria's mind had her lagging behind even further. It wasn't like it was a huge gap, she was about half a meter behind the person at the back of the group but she wouldn't have a chance of getting a physical hold on Victoria.

That was until the entire group stopped at the edge of a cliff as Victoria ran to the other side of a gaping hole in the earth that separated the territories for hunting - for the Cullen Clan anyway. "Wait! She's in their territory," Carlisle exclaimed and for a moment the family were still, just watching as Victoria looked victoriously back at them. Then three wolves came from the trees, running so close behind her that she almost couldn't see the gap between them anymore. Once this sunk in, the vampires began running again - staying on their side but against the very edge of the cliff in case Victoria decided to leap over the mountains again.

As previously thought, she soon leapt into the forest and was chased quickly behind by Jasper. Not having another option, Victoria leapt up in the trees but Jasper followed. He dove to catch her and missed by mere centimetres, diving into the earth instead. Athena momentarily looked in his direction, breaking her focus from Victoria's mind as she checked that Jasper hadn't somehow gotten beheaded in the failed capture. He had not so she kept running, focusing on Victoria's mind. She was getting close, managing to actually get into her mind so closely that she could hear the thoughts in Vicotirs mind screaming at her to run faster. She could almost feel the adrenaline that she felt coursing through her veins and honestly, it only egged her on further but the constant moving and the rocky ground beneath her feet made it ever so difficult to focus. She was far out of practice for this sort of thing.

Just as she was mere inches from getting full control of Victoria's mind, a sudden change in location pulled her focus away. Athena watched in defeat as Victoria leapt onto the wolf side then felt the anger boil within her once Emmett followed, ending up getting caught by a grey-haired wolf. It was at that distinct moment, where Emmett was staring down at the wolf protectively, that Sam's shouting reached her mind. It was constant, so angered that it pissed her off and ever so loud that she couldn't help but want to cover her ears - even though that would not have any effect whatsoever.