Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Date

"Really, anak? You are going to do this for us?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni mommy sa akin.

Tumango ako bilang pagsagot. Nagkatinginan sina mom and dad matapos ng sinabi ko.

"We were actually planning to tell this to you. But then, hearing this from you..."

"Your mom and I talked about the future of Solely, anak. We thought that we can use the Graysons to expand our company and have a lot of supports from those who supports them. Knowing that you've been infatuated with that young Grayson. Marrying you off to one of them will surely strengthen our business."

"And to think that you are planning this too makes us feel relief. Because we thought you wouldn't want it."

I am not that stupid to not notice their plans. I may be a child back then but I can understand language. Hindi lang ako nagrereklamo dahil gusto ko naman mapakasalan si George.

Lumawak ang ngiti ko. "Alright, then! So, it's settled? Have you talked about this with the Graysons, dad?"

Umiling si daddy sa akin. "Not yet. But because you approved this, I'll set a meeting maybe after the birthday of the old Grayson."

"That's too long dad. Make it this week."

"Anak, the Graysons are very busy for this grand birthday celebration. Hindi tayo puwedeng sumingit–"

"Fine. Fine. Just make sure they will accept it, alright? I really, really want to marry George Gragson, mom and dad."

Ngumiti ng malawak si daddy at lumapit sa akin. Mariin niyang hinalikan ang ibabaw ng ulo ko. "I will make sure of it, anak. Don't worry."

Sunod na lumapit sa akin si mommy na may maluha luhang ngiti sa akin. "You've really grown so well na anak."

Tipid lamang akong ngumiti at tumango. Pagkatapos ng meeting na 'yon sa office ni daddy sa bahay ay ibinalita ko na ito agad kina Gio at Rose. They were all shocked that my parents really did that for me.

"I told you I can pull some strings."

"You surely is, girl." Ani Gio.

"Now that George is mine, the next step is to shoo that girl away." Seryoso kong sabi. "All I need is to talk to that girl. Scaring her away just like the others won't do. Alam na ni George na ako ang gumagawa ng mga ganun sa mga dati niya."

Humalakhak ang dalawa sa sinabi ko kaya mas lalo akong napasimangot. Umayos ako ng upo at tumikhim. Matapos ko silang pakainin at papasukin sa bahay ko ay tatawanan nila ako?

"I am sorry. It's just that it's kind of hilarious."

"What did he say?" Kuryusong tanong ni Rose.

"It's not funny, Gio. Akala mo hindi ako nahihiya sa kaniya?" Nakanguso kong sabi.

"To think that he just let those things happen, what did he say?" Ulit ni Rose.

Umiwas ako ng tingin at sumimsim ng maiinom. "Hurtful words."

"Oh..." The amusement faded in their faces. "Sorry."

Umiling ako. "No need for that. Alam kong nasabi niya lang 'yon dahil hindi pa niya ako lubusang nakikilala. Once that he sees me the way he sees his girls, everything will change."

Ngumiti si Rose sa akin. "What do you want us to do?"

Seryoso ko silang tiningnan. "Give us a moment this prom night. I will end their relationship there."