Epilogue I

Epilogue I

Asshole

"So, you know that girl Avery? Why aren't you talking to her?" Tanong ni Ace sa akin.

"I do. Sometimes."

"She clearly wants to talk to you. She doesn't have any friends-"

"She's behind us." Ani Ace kay Cradle kaya tumahimik ito.

When she approached us, Cradle and Ace talked to her. Both of them became comfortable while I'm just busy listening to them. I know Avery because we've been classmates. But I am not that close to her.

When they asked me if she's my friend, I said she's just a classmate to me. It wasn't a big deal having her around. Napansin ko rin na simula noong sabihin niya na magkaklase kami sa LA ay palagi na siyang kinakausap ng mga kaklase namin.

But I became uncomfortable when I heard rumors about her. I was in the library when Cradle whispered something to me.

"Narinig mo na ba ang chismis?"

I stopped reading. "What?"

"Avery likes you."

Nangunot ang noo ko. "What?"

Tumango siya sa akin. "Wala. Narinig ko lang sa hallway kanina habang pumupunta ako rito. Pero parang imposible diba?"

"Oo naman." Umiling ako. "That's ridiculous."

"Chismis lang naman. Sinabi ko lang."

I was sure that it was just a rumor. Not until I noticed her behaviour. I don't know if I wasn't really paying attention but ever since I heard about that rumor, her actions became suspicious to me.

She's always with us. Try to sit beside me. Talk to me if nobody's talking to her. And I notice how she tries hard to be in group with me.

Somehow, it made me uncomfortable. I see her as a friend. But if she's going to be like this, then I have to stop her from being delusional.

I got myself a girlfriend. Her name is Sunshine. She's kind, sweet, and proper. I met her during Intramurals. I thought, that would send Avery a signal that she shouldn't have feelings for me. Because I know see her as a friend.

But I wasn't expecting her to scare her like that. Kung hindi pa sinabi ng janitor sa akin na nakakita sa kaniya ay hindi ko malalaman na siya ang naglagay ng kung anu ano sa locker ni Sunshine.

Mas lalo pa akong nainis nang umamin siya sa akin. I don't know how would I take care of it. I am not a boy for him? She's not even my type!

"I like you!"

I can't believe her! She's too confident, too arrogant, too irritating! Now I am starting to dislike her. I thought she's different from those girls who wants to befriend me.

She also want me for fame. That, I am sure. Come to think of it. Unang pakilala niya, binanggit niya na ako agad. Then everyone wants to talk to her.

Hindi pa kasama na nalaman ko na kausap ng parents ko ang mga magulang niya. I am starting to feel that things will be annoying if I'll let her continue this.

"That's your reason?!" I chuckled. "The fuck."

She is desperate!

"Of course, what else am I expecting?" I gave her a disappointed look.

"Don't look at me like that."

"What do you expect? I am mad right now Avery. You ruined my relationship with Sunshine! You traumatized her! Dinala siya sa hospital dahil sa ginawa mo! Look what you'd done! You victimized someone just because of that damn feelings?!"