Me and My Boy (Guzma x Reader)

Hello, this is my first x reader story. Please let me know if you enjoyed it.

Cover image credit: ラブ月 on pixiv       https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/3304089/illustrations

Quick description:

You and Guzma have been an item for a while now, but lately he's been acting a little weird. What's up with your boy?

There is a song linked near the end. I think it flows pretty well if you listen to it while you read that part, but of course, it's up to you. I tried to make it so that it could be read without pausing the music, but I think that depends on how fast you read.

The song is "I'll Follow You" by Shinedown. (Only the greatest band ever)

Warning: Swearing, intimacy. I turned Colress into a jerk, sorry. . .

15k+ words.

Enjoy~

***************************************************************************************

Your POV

Guzma may yell at his grunts, curse under his breath, and run a gang of troublemakers, but he was always a gentleman to you.

He would hold the door for you, pull your chair out for you at a meal and carry you if you were too tired. He would always clear things with you, as not to force you into anything. Whether it was your first kiss or your first sleepover.

He would always ask you before making any important decisions, even when it came to Team Skull. You were like his confidant and advisor. And he always lets you know how important you are to him. The grunts all look up to you like a mother. You find it so sweet whenever a grunt will approach you for something motherly. Just a few days ago, one of the younger grunts hurt himself and needed a hug, which you gladly obliged. You loved those kids. So did Guzma.

***

The morning light bathed Guzma's handsome face as he slept. You often got up before he did and you would just stare at his peaceful expression. Like now, you'd bet anything he was laying in Ula'Ula Meadow surrounded by Cutiefly.

You sat up in the cushy bed and placed your arm around his shoulders. "Wake up, G."

"Mmff. I don't wanna." He complained, scrunching his eyes against the sun.

"Too bad, you gotta." You replied, giggling at the slang you used against him.

He opened his eyes reluctantly and looked up at you. He let out a small gasp and sat up.

"What is it?" You asked, arching your eyebrow in surprise at his sudden compliance to getting up.

"By Arceus. . . I've been awoken by an angel. No! A goddess." He smiled such a genuine smile that you smiled too, even though you were insanely embarrassed.

"I am not." You replied.

"Are too."

With that, he leaned slowly forward to give you a soft kiss. "I love you, darlin'." He whispered against your lips.

You smiled and whispered back. "I love you too."

***

Guzma left Po Town after breakfast with a promise to be back by dinner, so he left you in charge of town while he was gone. Not without asking you, of course. He had taken Plumeria with him, so you were the only one to watch the grunts, a true feat on a good day.

Thankfully, today was a good day. You only got a few visits today and the only thing of note was a squabble between two grunts because one had caught the other cheating at Pokemon go-fish.