Just a dream

~

~

"Happy birthday Y/n!" My mother said with excitement as she entered my room. She had a small cake; f/c frosting and my favourite flowers decorating the sides along with small gold sprinkle beads. Her warm smile brung a sensation of happiness to me as she came closer to where I was standing. The small red candle was flickering as my mother moved, her hand in front of the candle to make sure it won't go out.

"Mom you didn't have to do this." I say smiling as she was now standing in front of me with the cake inches from my face.

"Come on, make a wish and blow it." She said hiding behind the cake. I sighed and was about to blow it out but before I could the door slammed open making the candle flame disappear. Me and my mom both looked towards the door with confusion.

Father.

He walked in with his arms crossed over his chest, his face was blank. I quickly straighten myself, putting my arms straight on either side of me and my eyes looking straight forward. My mother stepped away from me so my father could come closer.

"Sir." I say in a loud tone.

"What are you doing slacking off?" He questioned me now standing closer and hovering over me.

"Sorry sir, I was only getting something." I say shaking slightly. I wasn't supposed to be in my room, shit he's gonna kill me for being in here doing nothing. His hand moved and I flinched closing my eyes shut. Waiting for him to hit me.

Nothing.

Nothing?

"Come with me." His voice was now far away and when I opened my eyes again he was standing at the door. Why isn't he shouting?
"Quit standing there like a moron!" His voice was more violent this time making me jolt towards him. I looked towards my mother who was glaring at my father then she glanced at me, I gave her a reassuring smile letting her know I was gonna be ok. She nodded as I walked out the door closing it as I did so.

We walked down the long dark corridors, my father was in front while I kept my distance. He hasn't said anything this whole time so I don't know if I was in trouble or not. His arms swayed beside him, our footsteps where the only sound along with the occasional flickering of the candles on the walls as we past them. We past paintings of old leaders, all proud and strong, we turned the corner where a stair case was greeting us.

I know where these stairs lead to, down into the torture chamber. I wasn't allowed down there, no one was except of my father and his second and third in command. Why was he taking me down there... my hands began to shake and my legs felt weak. "This way." His voice echoed inside my ears as I walked behind him, with every step it felt harder to breathe.

"You're 14 now, so that means you are ready."

What does that supposed to mean, ready to die?!?