Mess

~

~

The sound of my pen on the paper echoed throughout my lonely room. I had stacks over stacks of work to do like always, one of my least favourite things I had to do as a squad Captain. The cadets were training with Corporal Mike and if I remember correctly Hange was helping too. My signature stared at me as my thoughts took over me, I was worried.

We were going on an expedition in a week. I wasn't worried for myself, I know I can take care of myself perfectly well, but I'm worried for the new cadets. This would be their first expedition outside the walls, and the first time seeing titans face to face. I remember my first expedition, I wasn't too scared since I've been to missions when I was younger with my father, but when I saw my first titan I was shocked, it was terrifying but also existing. I love the adrenaline, the feeling of blood rushing through my veins, and the feeling after I've killed a titan is nothing like I've ever felt before. But at the same time I could die at any point. Which was the terrifying part.

Suddenly a loud ear piercing yell came from outside, I shot up and ran to my window. "Titans?" I whispered to no one, my eyes looked everywhere, the forest that was surrounding the HQ and the small town that was located at the bottom of the large hill where the HQ was. I looked frantically, examining every tree but no titans, just beautiful shades of green.

Then I heard that yell once more, it was coming from below my widow where I spotted a jumping and proud Hange. Amongst them were some of the cadets that were supposed to be training, the cadets both from my and Hange's squad were standing with amazement written all over their faces.

In the middle of them, on the grass was a small glass, with a puffy yellow and white paste like substance coming out of it. It's the elephant toothpaste experiment. Hange does this experiment with every new cadet that is added to their squad and since me and them are close they probably decided to let my squad join too. I remember the time they did this with me, it took hours to clean it after. Captain Levi is pissed every time they do this.

Wait Captain Levi.

He warned Hange last time they did this that if they do it again they won't live another day, but obviously Hange doesn't listen to anyone when it comes to this. I know they're  just trying to make the kids feel a little bit better specially with the expedition coming up, but I don't want to clean my best friends remains when the Captain finds out.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs, skipping a few of them as I did. Running out of the front doors and up to where Hange was, they were jumping up and down; their hands above their head, and a big grin on their face. The cadets where all standing there with their own grins, whispering and pointing at the mess.

Hange saw me and ran up to me grabbing a hold of both of my hands in theirs with a stupid smile, "DID YOU SEE THAT!" They said excitedly, "IT WAS BETTER THAN LAST TIME!" They jumped up and down once more still holding me.