Eventful night

~

~

I watched as birds flew by my window singing beautiful melodies, trees dancing along with them; small petals along with leaves were carried off by the wind taken away over the walls. It's been six hours since I had woken up, and after an hour or so long of Erwin's lecture on how reckless I had been; he had finally left to get himself ready for his trip to the inner wall, for his meeting with the Commanders of the Military and Garrison regiment along with some other rich pigs.

Hange checked my wounds not so long ago before leaving me alone again, Levi didn't say anything he left without anyone noticing, which was for some reason giving me this empty feeling inside my chest, he probably had a lot of work left to do and reports to finish.

I sigh turning back to my bed, it's once tidy sheets were now all crumbled up on one side of it. I wonder what all the others are doing and if we had any injuried besides myself. My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening, I looked over meeting beautiful hazel green eyes glittering with joy, I held my gaze and gave him a smile which he returned.

"Look who decided to finally wake up." He said with his usual sarcastic self that I've missed so much. I've had a lot of work and stuff to do, along with meetings to attend. I hadn't been able to see him or joke with him for a while.

"Yeah, yeah Alden, look who's talking. All you do is sleep." I say rolling my eyes at him, placing my good arm on my hip and leaning back on one leg. He chuckled as he walked closer to me.

Alden has been my friend ever since the first day of me starting this hell hole of a job, we both got in trouble with Commander Shadis on our first day of the training regimen, and after that we hit it off pretty well. He has been there for every moment in these seven years of my life, he was there for the good parts; where we would get all drunk and do stupid shit like take the horses out and go for a late night ride, or when we went to town and stole bread since we both spent our money on any other thing but food.

And he was also there when I first lost a squad mate, or one of my cadets to those monsters. Though we are close and people sometimes suspect us of being a thing we aren't and will never be. We both see each other as family; he is like my brother, a caring one who doesn't envy you for something you can not control, one who loves me for me and doesn't fake his affection in front of people.

"You scared the shit out if me, everyone thought you were going to die you dumbass." He whispered as his hug tightened, I hugged him back holding him as close as I could his warmth bringing a soft relief feeling inside my chest.

"A stupid hit on the head and a few scratches can't kill me" I say releasing from the hug and standing up in a jokingly strong pose, "I'm unbeatable!" He chuckled at my pose and I joined in. We talked for a bit before he had to go back to whatever he had to do.

"You know, the really strange and honestly surprising thing is that Levi was the one who basically took care of you while you were unconscious." He stated making me raise an eyebrow at his words, Levi taking care of someone that's new.