The King's Soldier IV

It's been a week since the battle happened. The empire was back to normal. Everyone's at peace again, and thanks to Sol and Jong Hoon, other than those who died in battle, no one really got hurt.

Jong Hoon woke up feeling tired all over his body.

"Your Highness. The King had awaken!" The doctor screamed.

"You've been asleep for seven d—"

He tried his best to stand up not paying attention to the doctor.

"Your Highness, where are you going?"

"Where's the ma—woman who was wounded before me? Take me to her." He ordered.

"But you're still not fully recovered. It will still sting a bit—"

"Take me to her!" He shouted which alarmed everyone. Magistrate Han came running inside.

"Your Highness." He greeted as he bows in front of him.

"Where's that woman? Take me to her."

"Understood."

Jong Hoon fixed his clothes before going outside. He tried his best to walk even he still feels weak on his knees.

They stopped by a room and he went inside.

He ran towards the sleeping woman as he kneels beside her. Her body is covered in bandages.

"We found out he was faking his—her identity. We waited for you to take judgment." Magistrate Han said.

"Leave first." He said.

"The wound had struck her organs and made a huge rupture in it. She lost a lot of blood and is uncertain is she will still recover." The doctor said without making an eye contact.

"What? Do whatever you can to save her!"

"But Your Highness, she's just a commoner—"

"This commoner saved my life and she played a big part in defeating the other kingdom." A tear escaped his eye. "Save her or you'll die."

"Yi Kang, stop it." A female voice spoke.

Jong Hoon was shocked.

Sol lets out a playful laugh as she opened her eyes slowly.

"Rumors has it that the King was smart, I don't think so." She said before sitting down.

"How—"

"I woke up three days ago." Sol said looking at him. She wiped the tears that fell down his eyes as she signals Yi Kang to leave. "How could you not recognize your cousin?"

"I am too worried to even look at him." He rolled his eyes. "But before that, you have the nerves to play petty tricks with me, the King."

"I do have." Sol smiled. Jong Hoon felt his heart beating like crazy. He thought he's about to explode. "But if you had ordered to kill me the moment you found out, I'll beg you to spare my life since I saved yours."

"Quite a backup plan." He complimented.

"Thank you. I just wanna impress the best."

Sol stands up and dresses herself. "I'm happy I waited for you to wake up."

"Are you leaving?" He asked awkwardly.

"I guess I should." She replied. "I don't belong to the palace anyway."

"You're just gonna go?" He asked.

"You aren't killing me as a punishment right?" He nods, a little shy.