Chapter 3

Prime Minister Yun said exactly what Yun Qingci wanted to be said. It’s just that he didn’t expect that his father would present his crazy nonsense as an accident, and direct the accusations at Li Ying.

In his previous life, his father had always been humble, even cautious, in front of Li Ying. His back was always slightly crouched.  They were obviously a ruler and it’s minister, a teacher and a student, but they looked rather like a servant and a master.

Thinking about it now, perhaps his father had hoped that Li Ying would look at his submissive attitude and would treat his disappointing child a bit better.

It’s a pity that Li Ying not only failed to treat Yun Qingci better, but also never stopped being vigilant against the Yun family. His father did everything he could but did not succeed in either matter and felt angry and aggrieved, while Yun Qingci was obsessive and stubborn, madly in love with Li Ying.

In his previous life, his father had never straightened his back in front of Li Ying.

The knuckles of Li Ying’s fingers pinching the teacup turned white. He finally looked away from Yun Qingci’s face and faced Prime Minister Yun: “Teacher, don’t be angry. Lord Empress being hurt yesterday, it was indeed my fault.”

“Your Majesty is too serious.” Prime Minister Yun clasped his hands and said. “It was the old minister who couldn’t teach their child properly, angering His Majesty and damaging the royal face. Now that the child is back at home, this minister will strictly discipline him and will never let him do anything that would bring shame to his status as Lord Empress. ”

If one wanted to talk about what Yun Qingci did to bring shame to his status, it was nothing more than to love Li Ying too much in spite of everything.

Yun Qingci lowered his eyelashes and pursed the corners of his mouth.

So, this is the feeling of having the support of his father. If he could wake up earlier in his previous life, he would get close to his father and brothers, and far from the Empress Dowager. Even if he just kept a proper distance from both parties, he would not fall into the trap.

Prime Minister Yun’s refusal was obvious enough. He was dissatisfied that the Emperor injured Yun Qingci and sent him back unconscious. Not only did he not notify the Prime Minister’s mansion in advance, he also did not make any proper etiquette arrangements for Yun Qingci’s return, clearly expressing his dissatisfaction.

In the past, Yun Qingci was happy to forget about it, as if everything was fine. But now that Yun Qingci had made a move to resist, the Yun family was undoubtedly his biggest backer.

Moreover, protecting him from returning to the palace at this moment was a far cry from kneeling and begging in the previous life. This time, he had a good reason and position, as well as sufficient confidence and dignity.

Li Ying pursed his mouth a bit. He had never softened his attitude towards anyone. Just with a glance at his expression, Yun Qingci knew that the Emperor must be at a loss at the moment.

He was even more confused. Why did Li Ying come for him at this time? What made him change his temper? Was he also reborn? Even if he were reborn, with his temperament, it was impossible to behave so humbly in front of the Yun family. Yun Qingci knew him too well. In his eyes, only the Li family’s country and its great cause mattered. Everyone else was just a pawn in his hands.

Some of the concubines in the harem were used by the emperor to manipulate Yun Qingci, with the purpose to make Yun Qingci entangle in harem battles and have no time to pester him; while others were the daughters of the ministers Li Ying planned to get rid of and served to restrain those ministers.