Chapter 15

Li Ying's face was pushed aside.

His scattered thick black hair hid his expression, and after a while, he slowly turned his head and looked at the boy on the bed.

At this time, Yun Qingci was only nineteen years old. It was precisely the period when he stuck to Li Ying like glue and was inseparable from him, repeating "Ah Ying" every two or three sentences.

It should have been like this.

Yun Qingci turned over, then turned again, thinking that the clothes were too decorous and he couldn't sleep well. He had always been spoiled. When resting, he had to wear a soft undershirt to sleep comfortably.

Although he had lived with his mother when he was a child and had never had contact with the Prime Minister's mansion, his mother, Qin Feiruo, was also a daughter of a marquis. Of course, she had later become strong and domineering, and extremely possessive of her youngest son, but she raised her child, dedicating her entire heart and mind to him. Thus, Yun Qingci had never suffered material hardships.

Li Ying picked him up, half coaxed and half persuaded him, and removed his brocade clothes.

Under the influence of the wine, Yun Qingci quickly fell asleep.

Half an hour later.

The front hall was silent. Li Ying walked out from behind the screen, came up to Ruan Lian's side and stood still.

Ruan Lian was pressing his forehead against the backs of his hands, motionless. His long hair fell from his shoulders.

"Are you a qin player?"

The emperor's voice was low, his emotions unreadable. Ruan Lian could only respond carefully: "Yes."

"Your hands are really beautiful."

He felt a premonition, as he heard the voice continue: "The Lord Empress likes them so much, do you mind if I take them and give them to him?"

Liu Ziru felt a chill in his heart, and Ruan Lian also held his breath. He tried to calm down and said, "If it can please the Lord Empress, this little one won't mind. But is His Majesty sure that the Lord Empress would like this little one to lose his hands that earn his livelihood?"

Li Ying stared at him for a moment, his gaze so sharp as if trying to pierce him through.

But he didn't do anything, and Ruan Lian remained unscathed.

Two breaths later, the high-toe dragon boot kicked him fiercely on the shoulder, and Ruan Lian knocked over the table and rolled away. Cakes and fruits fell on the floor, pots and pans scattered with a loud noise.

Ruan Lian picked himself up and knelt again. The dragon boots came up to him immediately. Ruan Lian's eyebrows twitched. He knew that even if he didn't die today, he would be seriously injured. He didn't dare to say anything more. He tightened his body and waited in silence.

There was a sudden movement behind the screen, and Yun Qingci's voice was very soft, somewhat vague: "Yinxi... what's that sound?"

The dragon boots stopped still and did not move again.

Yinxi received a murderous stare and rushed back, saying, "It's a cat. The cat was making trouble and accidentally overturned the fruit plate."

"It's the two toffee cats fighting for food again?" Yun Qingci said, "Chase them out."

Yinxi said, "En."

Behind the screen, it became quiet again.

Yinxi turned around and found that His Majesty was still looking at him, worried that he didn't act well enough. So, he exhaled twice and said, "Go, go, go away, two stinky... stinky cats."