Chapter 9

Yun Qingci slept very heavily that night. When he woke up, he found a shallow vial with a transparent cream at the head of his bed.

He remembered that this was the holy healing medicine that Li Ying wanted to apply on him in the pavilion. He had refused it yesterday, but it was sent over again at night.

Braving wind and snow late at night, with the purpose of delivering medicine?

If he hadn’t had any bad ideas, then he must have seen a ghost.

He put on a padded coat, got up and went to the desk, opened the drawer, and took out a dark wooden pendant. Although it was made of wood, it was heavy to touch and the carvings were complicated. It used to be cleaned carefully; the surface was very smooth and there was no dust accumulating between the curves.

Li Ying had personally cut it from red bean wood and carved the veined patterns himself. It had a wavy texture and the carvings combined water, waves, stars, the moon, a phoenix and other elements to form a landscape character, which was Yun Qingci’s ‘ci’ character.

Li Ying had the other pendant with the same style, with many elements and a dragon to match his phoenix. The landscape character they composed was his character ‘ying‘.

He had also sandwiched a magnet between the two wooden pendants. As long as they were put against each other, they would be merged together, and it took a lot of strength to separate them. When he first gave them to Yun Qingci, the wooden pendants were stuck together. At first, Yun Qingci thought it was a single item, until Li Ying took his hand and helped him separate the pendants, giving him one part and taking the other.

It was a token of love that Li Ying had given him when they were newly married.

Yun Qingci couldn’t bear to wear it, and didn’t let Li Ying wear it often, fearing it would be lost, but he often liked to hold it in his hands, engraving every inch of it into his bone and blood.

The one who owned this pendant held the highest power over the Qing Division, was its highest superior, and it was Yun Qingci.

He used a special cyan horn incense for his daily contacts, but this time he had been driven out of the palace in a hurry and did not take it along. Of course, he couldn’t go back to the palace to pick it up, so he could only use this pendant.

It would take some time to replace the token connected to the Qing Division. He would need to slowly and completely remove Li Ying from his life.

Yun Qingci put the wooden pendant on his waist and rang the bell. On this cold day, he did not go to accompany his father and brothers to have breakfast, but had a meal in his room.

After dressing up, he went out and met Yun Qingsu: “Are you okay? Xiao Hou has come to pick us up to go to the ice rink. You’re just in time. Today, second brother will also go with us.”

Yun Qingci followed him obediently and said, “Where is Dad? ”

“Dad has gone to Bazhenju. There is a porcelain set he likes at the auction today. He put his eyes on it a while ago. He has to take it.”

Yun Qingci knew this little hobby of his father’s, but this time his father was going to be heart-broken. He remembered very well that Grand Commander Qiu set up several obstacles on his father’s way, such as a carriage that could not be moved and a woman crying in the middle of the road. By the time his father arrived, the porcelain set had already been sold.

It was not that Yun Qingci deliberately paid attention to the Prime Minister’s mansion, but the Qing Division was very dedicated. They monitored all the ministers, gathering every possible information on them, including their good and bad relationships with each other.