Chapter 4

Did His Majesty suspect that he had said something to the Lord Empress that made the Lord Empress refuse to come back?

"No, no, no." Zhou Zhao waved his hand again and again: "The Empress Dowager really just asked this slave to visit. Your Majesty, please don't misunderstand. Even if the Empress Dowager said something, it would be only for your own good and the good of the Lord Empress..."

The long sword cut like iron through mud, and half of Zhou Zhao's ears fell to the ground.

Liu Ziru's pupils contracted, and he couldn't believe what he was really seeing. The people around him fell to the ground face down, one after another. Their bodies trembled, they didn't dare to breathe.

There was a brief silence.

Warm blood slid down from the remnants of Zhou Zhao's ears.

It hurt, but Zhou Zhao didn't dare to scream, because the long sword was still pressed to his shoulder. Li Ying didn't say anything, but all his actions showed that if he didn't get a satisfactory answer, next time it would be Zhou Zhao's head that fell.

"The Empress Dowager... let this slave go to the Lord Empress... with ideas... to help His Majesty."

"Go on."

"As long as the Lord Empress can work hard to hurt himself, Master Yun will definitely come to intercede for him..." Zhou Zhao kowtowed like crazy: "This slave doesn't lie, Your Majesty. Your Majesty knows it, this slave absolutely did not deliberately provoke separation and did not hinder the Lord Empress from returning to the palace!"

"How many times?"

"First, first time, it's really the first time. The Lord Empress, the Lord Empress is afraid of pain... Before, never, never before..." Zhou Zhao cried weakly. He slowly spread on the ground, not daring to look up again, his heart chilly. Didn't His Majesty hate the Lord Empress? Why was he suddenly bothered now?

The long sword shook, and Li Ying looked hideous: "You still know that he is afraid of pain..."

Liu Ziru's face twitched, and he finally knew why Li Ying was so angry. In the past, His Majesty and the Lord Empress used to have a cold war and Liu Ziru often witnessed it. He had seen Yun Qingci gesticulating while pointing at his wrist, but every time the emperor would look away coldly, and nothing else happened.

Yun Qingci also had his pride. Liu Ziru didn't know how many psychological constructions he had secretly built before he collapsed and hurt himself yesterday.

No wonder that in the past two years, Yun Qingci's personality was getting more and more extreme and his behavior more and more ruthless. He dared to do these things to entrap the Emperor, and it turned out that behind him, someone had been encouraging it.

"Your Majesty." Liu Ziru took two steps on his knees and said, "Your Majesty, please calm down. If Zhou Zhao dies, it's no pity, but now the Lord Empress is still in the prime minister's mansion. If he learns about this, in case he is scared..."

This was quite a roundabout way to put it.

Li Ying's change in behavior was so sudden that even Liu Ziru had difficulty adapting to it for a while. If Yun Qingci found out about it, the result might be even more extreme.

What if he didn't dare return to the palace because he was afraid of Li Ying?

The reason was actually a bit far-fetched, but as the supervisor of the Son of Heaven, Liu Ziru always had to remind the Emperor to correct his words and deeds. After all, he was the ruler of the country. What's more, Yun Qingci had always loved the Li Ying who was gentle and decent.