Chapter 14

Liu Ziru almost didn’t dare to look at Li Ying’s face

The Emperor accompanied the Lord Empress to pick a man. It would be okay if it were the other way round, but as it was now, it was incredible.

Since the Lord Empress had come back this time, although his temperament had not changed, his attitude towards His Majesty almost made him seem like a different person.

“Let’s go in a small sedan chair,” Li Ying said, still holding Yun Qingci, not letting him go until he was directly pushed.

His arms tightened slightly, but then he released Yun Qingci.

Yun Qingci didn’t mind sharing a ride with him. He leaned against the wall of the sedan chair and watched the snow-covered Forbidden City, turning his gaze to the northeast corner.

At this time, the Qifeng Tower had not been built yet. After Li Ying in his previous life took him back to the palace, he was worried that Yun Qingci’s self-harm would anger the Prime Minister’s Mansion, so he offered this gift as a reassurance.

Now, this place was still empty and there was nothing conspicuous about it.

Yun Qingci’s eyes moved slightly, and he said, “I miss my mother.”

Li Ying’s eyes narrowed. He watched Yun Qingci leaning against the wall with a nostalgic look: “If only I could see the courtyard on the outskirts of the city from the palace.”

Li Ying’s face darkened, and he tightened his jaw.

Not getting a response, Yun Qingci turned to look at him, but Li Ying avoided his gaze.

It was not going the way it had in the previous life. Could it be that Master Li felt that one trip of the emperor’s ceremonial cortege was enough to give face to the Yun family? Yun Qingci curved his lips and said, “The Cold Palace of the previous dynasty in the northeast corner; there were rumors that when the enemy broke into the city, dozens of concubines wrapped white silk around their necks and hung themselves on the roof beams. Later, it was rumored that a row of corpses could be seen swaying in the wind at night. So, the place was banned, and no one set foot into it for nearly a hundred years.”

Li Ying’s expression was gloomy. “Why mention it for no reason?”

“Such a large area is being wasted,” Yun Qingci said bluntly: “If you build a viewing tower, you can see the entire country without leaving the palace in the future.”

Li Ying closed his eyes in pain, turned away and said dumbly: “Not building it.”

“Why not build it?” Yun Qingci said, “I have already thought of a name, I will call it the Gilded Qifeng Tower.”

In an instant, Li Ying seemed to have returned to the moment of his nightmare.

There was a white hand holding his cuffs, and delicate silver boots stepped on the wide steps that went all the way up: “Ah Ying, hurry up!”

He couldn’t help laughing when he heard this voice: “What’s the hurry.”

“It’s the building that Ah Ying gave me, I can’t wait.”

When they came to the top floor, the wind was very strong. The young man let go his hand and rushed to the guardrail with his arms open, his long hair dancing wildly in the wind.

He stood quietly behind, still with a smile on his face, but there was another him who was whispering: “Yun Qingci, come here, don’t go near there, Yun Qingci…”

He was saying it to himself, “Hold him, Li Ying, you have to hold him, do you hear me! Li Ying, you have to catch him!”

He knew what was about to happen because he had witnessed this scene countless times, but the other him clearly didn’t know anything. He just looked at Yun Qingci calmly and tenderly.