Chapter 11

In the past, when Yun Qingci was provoking him, Li Ying would probably glance at him calmly warning him not to mess around.

But at this moment, he only frowned briefly, then wrapped the gauze around his wrist more gently.

“I’m taking a nap,” Yun Qingci continued to push him with his feet and said, “Shoes.”

Li Ying squatted down, helped him take off his shoes and said, “You need to wipe your feet. ”

Since Li Ying was here, let’s put him to use. Yun Qingci placed his feet directly on his lap. Li Ying took off his socks and ordered a new towel.

He wiped very carefully, from Yun Qinci’s ankles to the gaps between his toes, every place was cleaned with warm water. When his sole was touched, Yun Qingci suddenly shrank.

Then he held back and looked calm again.

Who knows if Li Ying figured out he was ticklish, but he didn’t deliberately touch Yun Qingci’s soles again. After washing his feet dutifully, he wiped the residual water with a dry towel.

Then, without waiting for Yun Qingci to say anything, he picked him up, walked a few steps and put him on the couch.

This ‘servant’ had such a good temper that there was no reason to be displeased with his services. Li Ying took off Yun Qingci’s hairpin, then pulled the quilt and covered him, patting his chest lightly.

Yun Qingci glanced at him indifferently, turned away, closed his eyes and started falling asleep.

For a quarter of an hour at the beginning, he was thinking about Yuanbao’s unfinished words. His Majesty, what happened to His Majesty?

He did not find the answer, and his body, which had long been accustomed to napping, slipped into the familiar drowsiness. Yun Qingci relaxed and slept soundly.

A hand reached to his ear carefully and then slowly retracted.

Forbidden City, Taici Palace.

A section of a dead branch was cut off by well-maintained fingers. Empress Dowager Zhang took the scissors and pruned patiently, saying, “The emperor has gone to the Prime Minister’s Mansion again?”

Beside her, the eunuch Qin Yan, her close attendant, lowered his head: “He has been there several times.”

“No wonder he didn’t go crazy.” She sneered, “He got lucky this time. The emperor rushed to him a few times and lifted him to the sky again.”

Qin Yan chuckled: “After all, he’s the youngest son of the Prime Minister’s family, it’s no surprise he’s a little willful. “

“Useless thing.“ Throwing the scissors on the edge of the basin, Empress Dowager Zhang turned around, and Qin Yan immediately handed her a cloth to wipe her hands. “Favor that is obtained easily isn’t cherished. The emperor doesn’t understand this truth, doing such a dishonorable thing instead.”

“His Majesty must have been really distressed when the Lord Empress cut his wrist this time.”

“No matter what, he still needs to be picked up. How is Zhou Zhao’s injury?”

“He was a nuisance and was frightened by His Majesty.”

“The emperor had never liked Aijia (widowed empress referring to themselves) to take care of his affairs. Zhou Zhao dared to mention it – he’s already lucky to keep his life.” She sat down on the main seat, accepted a cup of freshly brewed tea and said: “But the emperor was quite heavy-handed this time. I haven’t seen him like this before.”

“The Lord Empress’s injury must have irritated His Majesty.”

“After all, they are childhood sweethearts,” the Empress Dowager said, her expression suddenly very subtle. “Then you need to go and coax him to come back,” she added uncaringly.

“His Majesty can’t coax him to come back, this servant…”

“The emperor only follows him, how can he coax him to come back.” The Empress Dowager said casually: “You have to scare him and make him afraid. If you indulge him blindly, he will be arrogant and willful.”

Prime Minister Yun and Lady Yun had originally been a couple that everyone in the capital envied. They were deeply in love, but later they fell out because Prime Minister Yun was involved in a romantic incident. Lady Yun was a woman who couldn’t stand such an insult. She was pregnant then, and she moved straight to the other courtyard in the suburbs. Prime Minister Yun was not allowed to step into the other courtyard, and she raised Yun Qingci alone, from his birth till he was seven years old.