𝟐. 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀

Elle groaned as she awoke , slightly moving the white comforter off of her toned legs. She sighed and turned to look out her window at the hurricane damage.

She hadn't gotten home until late last night , because she was hanging out at the Chateau with the other Pogues. She left around 11 , and arrived home at 11:15. John B's and Elle's houses weren't far apart , about a 5 minute drive. Yet , Elle liked to take her time , and since it was JJ that went with her to make sure she got home , they got distracted a bunch while dropping her off.

"J!" The girl yelled , laughing as she squinted at the the flooded road ahead. "Stop rolling down the window! You're gonna flood the van !"

JJ laughed and rolled the window back up , glancing over at his best friend in the drivers seat. Her jean shorts and halter top were soaked , along with her hair. A leather cord necklace lay against her tanned skin , swiftly moving whenever she turned her head.

"Remind me why your driving again ?" He asked , turning the radio down. "There's a hurricane."

Elle rolled her eyes and laughed , not taking her eyes off of the road. "Because, you're hammered."

The boy acted offended and gasped. "Woah! I am not HAMMERED."

"You are." She laughed , looking over at him swiftly. "You absolutely are."

"You're just a hater Elle." He laughed , turning and looking out the window. 

The girl giggled quietly as she recovered the memories of the previous night. Those moments were her favorite. Just Elle and JJ , the way it's always been. 

She quickly stood up, the old t-shirt she wore falling far past her shorts. It was her dad's old working shirt.

Elle walked out of her room , and into the run - down kitchen. Unfortunately , it was the same run - down kitchen that Lorelai Wright happened to be standing in.

"Hey Mom." The young girl grumbled , grabbing a cup out of a cabinet. "I'm going to John B's alright?"

The woman turned , showing the dark circles under her eyes. "Where's the uh..the money , from The Wreck ?"

Elle rolled her eyes and pointed towards a shoebox in her room , which held the money she earned from working with Kie at The Wreck.

She'd never tell her mom , but that wasn't all the money she earned. Elle learned the hard way, that if Lorelai knew where money was , she'd take it. So she would spare around 60 bucks , and shove it into the old shoebox , for her dearest mother to take. The rest stayed hidden away , just so Elle could actually keep what she was making.

"Thanks kiddo." The woman said, patting the girl's head. "And yeah , go wherever , I don't care."

Elle heard the faint shuffling of her mom looking through the box. She sighed and poured cereal into the cup , after which she walked outside.

"Geez, lotta damage." She mumbled , looking at a tree that had fallen during the night.  "Agatha wasn't messing around."

She took out her phone , clicking on the group chat labeled "JJ is a bitch!" curtesy of John B. She started typing out a message.

JJ is a bitch!

Smelly Ellie !: "John B's at 10 ?"

J !! : "Hell yeah !"

John no D: "Alright , i'll get the boat ready. Elle you walking?"

Smelly Ellie !: "Yeah , i'll meet you there."