𝟐𝟒. 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒 (𝐏𝐓. 𝟐)

Elle stood, banging on the door. All she could hear were the muffled voices coming from inside the locker room.

"Five on Two, Rafe?" She heard JJ yell from inside. His voice was cut off and sounded as if he was struggling. She had to get inside.

She continued smacking the door, with the hopeful belief that she could knock it down. The statistics of her doing so we're low, though, due to the way she'd been living recently.

"Rafe! Open the door!" She yelled, her damaged voice straining. "Please.." Her voice got softer, realizing that it was no use.

She sat against the door and put her head in her hands. Just as she sat, she hopped back up, an idea coming to mind.

——————-

"Yeah, they're in there!" She said, trying to fake her best 'Rich, Kook lady' voice.

The security officer banged on the door, and yelled to the boys who he was. Once the door was unlocked, the man walked right into the room.

He stepped casually towards the teens as Kelce dropped JJ to the floor. "Is there an issue here, boys? I've gotten a complaint from a resident of this club."

Elle came up from behind the man and winked at JJ. She wanted him to realize that she cared. She cared way more than she should.

Nonetheless, JJ got the memo and nodded his head towards the security guard. "Pardon me, officer." He started, frantically looking around. "No, there's not an issue. I just—-"

He looked towards Elle's direction, and she shook her head violently, letting him know not to blame it on the Kooks.

She knew all too well that it would just make it worse if that were to happen.

"Actually, yes. No, there is an issue." JJ ran his hands through his hair. "Uh, we got a criminal trespass in progress here. Beep! Call it in, right?"

Rafe scratched behind his ear and nodded as Elle tried to contain a laugh.

JJ continued with a small smile tugged in the corner of his lips when he noticed Elle smiling again. Her. Smiling at his jokes again. It felt like magic.

"I'm in violation of all kinds of shit, sir." He said breathily as he made his way over to Kelce. "But these..young gentlemen..."

He went to fix Kelce's bowtie, only to quickly get smacked off with a quiet; "Don't touch my shit."

"...uh, they caught me, sir, and they're about to take me away. And that's what you should do, escort me out of here. You got me." JJ held his wrists up as if he was being handcuffed.

Elle went to make her way out of the room, not wanting to be left there alone with the Kooks. She was already too far to hear the commotion that was happing back in the locker room, again.

As JJ was being pulled away, he turned back towards the group of rich kids. He pointed towards them and started making snarky remarks. "Fix that tie, son. Oh, you're lookin' spiffy, too. You Powerpuff Girls have fun!"

"Ask Elle when she wants a round two!" Rafe yelled mockingly at the boy.

JJ grunted as he broke free from the officer's strong grasp. He charged at Rafe, hoping to strike him in everyplace where it would hurt the most.

As they quickly fought, the guard ran up and pulled JJ away, leaving the Kooks standing there.

With one final threat, JJ was out of the room.

"This isn't over!"

———————

Elle stood back with Kiara and Pope. She had already told them about what had happened, and she was now leaning on Pope's shoulder, avoiding the glares from Sarah, across the room.