𝟏𝟒. 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄

Kiara and Elle led the security guard to their prop car as the boys got up and ran from their hiding spot.

"Probably just been sittin' in the yard too long?" The man asked, bending down to fix the tire.

Elle nodded and smiled warmly. "Yeah."

The three boys ran through the yard, breathing heavily as they jumped over a gate.

They quickly got to the storage house, as JJ tried putting in the passcode for the lock. He fumbled, pulling on the door to see if it would open. When it didn't, Pope stared at him with open eyes.

"Do you have the right numbers?" He asked, anxiously looking around.

JJ turned around and sighed. "Alright, so maybe I might have the wrong numbers." He leaned against the door, looking down at the sticky note in his hand.

The short-haired boy groaned. "Ah, damn it!"

Just then, a dog started barking angrily at them. The boys turned their heads to see a large, brown dog growling at them.

JJ put his hands out and anxiously smiled. "Hey!"

"That's a cougar." John B said, already running from the other two boys. "Never mind."

The blonde continued to try to calm the dog down, trying to get him to stop barking. "Hi! No, stay there! Good boy." He said, quickly looking around for assistance. "No, you're okay!"

He started running off as he turned back towards the dog, who was now targeting Pope. "Pope, run!" JJ yelled as Pope grabbed a pipe.

Pope thrashed the pipe around towards the dog, yelling as he jumped around, avoiding him. "Back off! Back off! Back off!" He exclaimed, still waving the pipe around.

JJ took off his hat and waved it around, trying to grab the dog's attention. "I got a toy, boy!" He said as the dog turned towards him. "Wait, no. I was just kidding." The dog charged at him, causing him to run away. "Shit! Okay, sit!"

The security guard raised his head as he listened to the dog's barking. Elle exchanged a worried glance with Kie, who was still trying to stay calm. "Do you hear that?" The man asked, looking around.

"Hear what?" Kiara said with a smile.

The man stood up and looked around the car. "Tebow's got somethin'" He said, glancing around.

Kie shook her head with a smile as Elle tried to hold in a laugh. "It's probably just a raccoon, maybe. You know? Nothin' to worry about."

The freckled girl found Kie's manipulative tactics hilarious, so she turned around to avoid laughing.

The man sat back down and continued working on the car, trying to ignore the barking. Kie quickly took her hair pin out of her hair and ran to the other side of the car as Elle tried to distract the man.

He was almost done filling the tire as Elle leaned on the car, trying to keep Kie hiding. Unfortunately, the security guard stood up to go see where she had went.

"Thank you!" Elle said, stepping in his way. "I think..uh..I think we have another tire that's loose." She said as the man just ignored her.

He walked around to see Kiara puncturing a tire. "What are you doing?" The man asked, glancing down at the girl. Elle sighed as she ran behind him, still trying to come up with excuses.

Kie ran her hand through her hair as she stood up. "This one looks a little low too." She said, fumbling with her hair-pin.

The man quickly connected the dots as Kie and Elle stood there, panicked. He ran off to follow the barking as the two girls quickly got in the car.