Chapter One-Runing Into Someone (literally)

(Photo of Gwen)

"Hi. One ice turtle mocha. A red eye, triple shot. Two large cups of hot coffee. All caffeinated. Please." I smiled at the young barista. She couldn't have been much younger than I am. Considering I'm 35.

"For here or to go?" She asked, tapping in my order.

"To go." I smiled.

"Okay. Name for the order?"

"Oh. Uh. Gwen Stacey."

"Is that a joke?"

"No. My mom and dad were big Spiderman fans. My last name is Stacey. And, my name is not a joke."

"Alright. $15.50."

"Here you go." I said, placing the money on the counter. She took it and went to make my coffees. After she made my coffees I took the to go trays and went to walk out. When suddenly a tall man, a really tall man, walked into me as I was walking out of the Starbucks.

"Oh dear!" He exclaimed, looking down at me.

"Oh. That's hot. Hot. Hot. Hot." I said, looking down at my now coffee colored white ruffled blouse.

"I am so sorry. Let me clean that." He said, grabbing a bunch of napkins and wiping down my shirt. I finally looked up at this man. He wore a black sweater vest, a red tie, a white dress button up, a black suit jacket, and black slacks. He had a nice face. That's all I could explain it.

"It's okay. Really. I can just run home real quick."

"Are you sure? At least take my coat." He said, taking off his jacket.

"No. No. Really. It's fine." I said, patting my shirt with napkins.

"Please... Just take it. It will make me feel better."

"Okay. Thanks..." I asked, taking his coat and putting it on.

"Lee. Lee Pace."

"Oh. Wait... Lee Pace? You're in The Hobbit! Pushing Daisies! Guardians Of The Galaxy!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. I am." He smiled at his resignation.

"Thank you so much for letting me use your coat. Even though I said didn't need it." I smiled. "How can I get this back to you?"

"Oh. Uh. A date?" He asked shyly.

"Sorry. Did you just ask me out?"

"Or your phone number?"

"Okay." I smiled, grabbed a napkin and wrote my number and name on it.

"Thank you, Gwen Stacey." He smiled, reading the paper.

"Yep. See ya." I smiled and walked out to my car. A blue 2014 Ford Fusion. I climbed in and started my car, driving my apartment. A small little apartment building. But the best part is that I get the biggest apartment in the building. Good enough for a painter. I paint. I occasionally guest star in some tv shows. But not enough to be recognized. I'm more famous for my art.

I parked my car, and shut it off. I climbed out and ran to my apartment. I striped my clothes off as soon as I got in and took a shower. After I got dressed, I went back to my car to get my coffees. I've been staying up late, painting some new things. Most nights I don't get an ounce of sleep. So, I need my coffee.

This time I walked back to Starbucks. I ordered what I got last time, and walked back.

"Eeeyyy! Pretty lady!!!" A man with a strange accent yelled from his car. I smiled and then blushed. I started to sip my iced turtle as I neared my house. I walked past a few snack shacks and food parlors, and that made me hungry. So, I decided that as soon as I got home I was going to order a pizza. I live in down town New York. Well, it's not exactly down town. But where I lived it was always busy!

I walked up to my place, set my drinks down on the counter, and ordered a pizza with pineapple on top. (A/n: fun fact! Pizza with pineapple is my favorite food!)

I sat down on the couch, with my drinks, and put Disney's Hercules on. One of my favorite movies. Let alone musicals! Just after the movie started, the pizza got here. I got up, paid and brought it back in. I placed the pizza on my coffee table and ate.

When the movie came to an end, I went to my studio and continued with my newest painting. Bilbo Baggins' hobbit hole. I was almost done. It was coming along nicely as well. It was a part of my newest collection. It was a collection for fandoms. Im not in many fandoms. But I'm doing it for other people. I have painted a few hobbit paintings, a few Supernatural paintings, a few Doctor Who paintings, and a bunch of others.

Hours later, I finally finished with the hobbit hole and decided to go to bed. I grabbed my phone, changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth, then went to bed.

I had just fallen asleep when I got a text.

It was from my friend, Candy.

Candy>me: wanna hang out?

I rolled my eyes and texted her back.

Me>Candy: just fell asleep. Not now. Sleep time.

She didn't respond. She knows I don't get a lot of sleep. So it was a good thing she didn't text back. I quickly fell back to sleep. Nearly an hour later, my phone rang.

"Candy! If you call me again I swear I will kill you!" I exclaimed, not even knowing who was calling and why.

"Oh. Sorry. I can call back. I didn't know you were asleep."

"Oh! Piemaker. Sorry. I didn't know it was you." I sighed.

"Now we're on a nickname basis?"

"Well, I've always called you Piemaker. Weelll, around my friends I have." I chuckled.

He didn't say anything.

"Sorry. Mr. Pace, sorry. I didn't know it was you. I had just fallen asleep and I don't get a lot of sleep."

"Mr. Pace? That's my dad."

"Lee, sorry. I didn't know it was you, I had just fallen asleep and I don't get much sleep." I sighed.

"Oh. Well, I was just calling to let you know that I'm leaving town tomorrow for a few months to film a movie. Do you wanna meet at the same Starbucks? Say around 11:00?"

"Yes. Sir. I'll bring your jacket." I smiled.

"Sounds good. See ya then."

"Yep. See you." I smiled and hung up. And soon I drifted off.