〖Chapter Two〗

(EDITED)

In the middle of the forest of unknown. A lion-like creature with eagle wings walks from tree to tree, finding something- or more like someone as he had a grin plastered on his face.

"Where are you, you mischevious child." His low pitched voice and a chuckle erupted around the place he where standing, making a certain child that is hiding in a hole that is surrounded by big roots of a tree to giggle.

The lion-like creatures ear twitch after hearing the small giggle and just shook his head and went to the child's hiding spot.

The latter suddenly stops giggling and tries to stop his breathe just so he won't get caught by the creature.

'Why did i even giggle in the first place?!' he said as he looks at the entrance of the hole, reflecting on the mistake he just made. Yes, his mind is in a mindset of a 18 years old young man but he is still in a body of a child so it is usual for him to be playful along with the fact that he didn't get to play outside when he was a child in his past life.

After a few seconds of waiting, he saw that the creature isn't coming to the entrance as he sighed in relief.

But unfortunately, he got the wrong idea as the back of the tree he's leaning on suddenly collapsed making him fall on his back on the ground and saw the lion-like grinning at him like he just won the lottery.

"You thought that i won't find you there just because i'm big hah!." It exclaimed as he sits on the floor and helped the child stand up.

"But you are indeed big...." The child said in a small voice which made the creature laugh at him. It started to stand up again and picked the child up by it's collar, making him sit on his back.

"Shut it, child. Now let's give you to Shinra so you can bathe." It said as it started to flap it's wings and flies to the direction of where the dragon names Shinra is.

"Yes, Old Kaja..." The child replied making the creature frown and throws a glaring look at him before putting his eye's attention on the direction again.

"Stop calling me old, bratty child."

"But you're almost a thousand years old right?"

"That's..."

"See? you're old already"

"Fine. I'm old. Let's just hurry" The lion-like creature named Kaja said as he doesn't want to argue anymore with the little one and he flies fast , making the child hold on tight.

The child laughs at the quick defeat of the old kaja and just let himself feel the wind.

It's already been 4 years since he got reincarnated to this magical world. At first, he doesn't know what to do since he couldn't walk or talk yet and instead stares at the creatures that always smiles at him and greeting him.

Not only that but the creatures also tends his needs such as clothes and food like what a human should need since he is afterall the only human here in this forest. But that's fine by him since everyone in the place are kind and caring.

The latter sometimes get confused on whose the one who gave birth to him but the dragon, Shinra always says that his mother is Gaia itself. He was a life made by the god by using the flower as his birth-mother (Doesn't know if that's even the right word to use.)

And since he was a big fan of novels, it's only natural for him to not take things hardly and didn't take long for him to adapt to his new environment.

Who is he to even feel ungrateful? For many years of his life, he always wanted to go outside and see the world and it's now coming true.

And as years passed he get to see many sceneries that can be found in the forest. He tried asking the other creatures if he can go outside of the forest but they all said the same thing and that is...

"You will get outside of the forest when the time comes"

So he just nods to their reply and waits for that right time to come. Atleast he can go outside, that's all it matters.

After old Kaja perfectly land on the green grass, The child quickly gets off and runs toward the dragon that is waiting for him.

"Shinra! I'm here!" The child energetically said as he hugged the dragons left hand. He was after all in a child's body so he subconciously acts all childish and he just sighed to himself whenever he does that.

"Welcome home, Yuriel. You should take a bath now cause.... you stink." She chuckled as she carries him gently heading to the river.

Yuriel Azure is the name given to him by the creatures in the forest. Thinking that they can't possibly call him just names such as child or little one so they choose the names that are suited to the child.

And when they called him that, the child smiled at them as if it's saying that he likes it very much which it does. And so that's how they call him that.

After the both of them reach the river, she puts Yuriel down and the child starts to take off his clothes except for his inner clothes and jumps at the river creating a splash that made the dragon laughs.

The child starts to swim and the dragon just gazed and guarding him.

After a few minutes of swimming and bathing. The dragon dries him and Yuriel puts his clothes on as they both headed towards the food that the dragon served herself.

And that's how Yuriel lives his life....

for now...

To be Continued...