〖Chapter Twenty-One〗

"Your Majesty. The capital is under attack by the demons!" A knight exclaimed while panting heavily after running for miles and surpassing his limit just to report this gruesome invasion.

"What!" Slamming his hand on the desk. A middle-aged man with a golden crown on his head that represents him being the ruler shouted as he stand up and marched his way out of his office.

His vermilion red hair fluttered as he run pass to the hallway with his red eyes showing a distressed emotion.

Entering the throne room. His attendant walked to his direction. Not forgetting to pay his respect before looking at him seriously.

"Your Majesty. A few demons has been spotted at the entrance creating havoc." The attendant spoke as his hands sweats a little bit.

There have been demons attacking the empire and they always knew they were coming but this sudden attack is different. They didn't feel any aura coming near and more than that, their arrival is too fast that the knights guarding the entrance and wall didn't have enough time to prepare.

Tch.

The emperor's eyes shut closed as he took a deep breathe before ordering every commander present in the throne room to defend the empire.

When the sight of people vanished from the emperor's sight. He glanced at his attendant and asked where his son went to.

"I assume that the prince went on patrolling the commoner's area, your majesty." He said with a problematic look on his face.

'Again?..' The emperor sighed heavily as he thought of his son who always went out and taking the excuse of patrolling.

He didn't say more as he knew to himself that his son can handle the demons for he is a prodigy since the day he was born.

——————————————————————

Yuriel squinted his eyes as he glanced at the demons destroying everything they see. So far they didn't get to kill anyone yet but for they will for sure.

"Yulier!" He heared the door banged from his room as he sighed and went back down.

Marco and Rio are holding their own  weapons as if they are readying themselves for battle which Yulier didn't even argued with since he himself also wants to fight.

What's the cause of their hellish training if they won't fight any demons, right?

He snapped his fingers as the three of them were already at the top of the roof again.

"Woah! That demon is huge." Marco awed at the size of the monster attacking the houses as he wants to have it as one of his undead army.

"hm..." Rio just nodded in agreement as he also looked at the demons with a normal face except for his eyes sparkling in excitement.

The latter looked at them with a troubled expression as he scratched his cheeks a little.

The two individual's personality somehow changed after their training with the dragon.

Rio became stoic and a little bit silent but still showing his expression sometimes.

While Marco became..... a maniac for dead bodies. Thanks to an ancient staff for necromancers that Zhyno have in his treasures. It allows marco to have the corpse he sees go inside the orb that is on the staff which became his storage of corpses.

He just sighed at how the two of his companion changed and blamed it all on the golden dragon. He will make sure to complain it to Shinra when he came back to the forest since Zhyno is literally a siscon.

"Go. Make sure that no one will get hurt." He command his companions which was replied with a nod before they start heading to the demons by running to the roofs.

The latter glanced around to see if there's people around. After checking, he also followed the two.

His natural hair and eye color came back after he used the teleportation spell but he didn't mind since saving life is his top priority.

At first, he was only planning to change the fate of the characters in the novel but for some reason, there's a part of him that screams to help everyone in danger.

It even seems natural for him to save lives even though he was always away from the outside world even from his past life.

Running from roof to roof, Yulier heared a scream not far from him as he quickly head to that direction.

He saw a mother and a son being cornered by a low class demon. The mother took her son and put him on her back as she protects him from the danger infront of them despite being scared.

Yulier's eyes suddenly soften at the protectiveness of the mother.

The demons growled for a few seconds before running to the two's direction as both of their eyes closed, waiting for their end.

Seconds passed, the mother didn't feel anything as she slowly opened his eyes and saw a young man standing infront of them.

His silver-white hair was shining from the sun's ray as his back was facing her and her son.

The mother couldn't help but cry as she holds her son and kisses him.

She was glad her son was safe with her as she quickly looked at the latter and said her gratitude.

"Thank you.... Thank you so... much.." That's the only word she can say as her heart is filled with so much emotion.

Yuriel looked at the mother and son and smiled.

"You're welcome. Please go to a safe place." He said before running away and heading to his companion's location.

The mother awed after she saw the face of their savior as she finds the young man not just handsome but also beautiful.

She then felt the hem of her dress being pulled and saw her son sniffing with a few tears in his eyes.

"Mom.. hic....are we safe now?" He asked with a child like voice and the mother lovingly nodded before carrying her son.

"Yes my son...We are safe..." A tear escape from her eyes but she quickly wipe it away and heads to the safest place to hide.

The small child cling on his mother as he closed his eyes shot. Not forgetting to thank the stranger who saved them.

'Thank you so much. Hero!'

Yes.... For a child. He already thought of his savior as his hero and he will always remember him as the person who helped them escape the monster.

To be Continued...