〖Chapter Six〗

(EDITED)

When he opened the box, what he see is a beautiful earring.

The earring has a grayish gemstone in the middle, being wrapped by gold that is shaped like roots and on the bottom part, you'll see three small pearls that has the same color as the gemstone.

Yuriel was quite amazed by the earring and tried to find the other one but failed. He then took the jewelry box and went back to the owner of the shop.

The old woman saw yuriel as she waved at him with a map on hand.

"There you are, young man. I already found the map you're looking for" She said with a smile as yuriel felt happy about it as he can now explore the world without any troubles.

"Ohh! Thank you so much, ma'am. By the way, do you perhaps have the other pair of this earring?" Remembering the jewelry he just saw, he asked the old woman and showed her the earring he's been talking about.

The old woman looked at what the latter had and her eyes widens in shock. Yuriel find it weird and started to call the woman which worked well. She quickly regained herself as he looked at the earring again before smiling.

'So you finally found a new owner'

The old woman spoke but yuriel didn't hear it well so he asked the oldwoman what she just said.

"Hohoho. Nothing, young man. That earring doesn't have a pair since it is made that way. It's been in my shop for almost many decades now so i'll just give it to you for free for buying thibgs from this old woman's shop"

She said which shooked yulier. He quickly disagree with it and gave the oldwoman two gold coins which is alot for the oldwoman's perspective but Yuriel keeps on making her take it and he even said to buy some healthy foods. She just sighed and laugh at the young man's stubborness and accepted it in the end.

As the two people bid farewell to each other. Yuriel started to exit the town and looked at the map first.

'So i just need to go straight and i'll be in the city'

He then put the map back to his space and cast speed spell before running fast.

If he run at this kind of pace then he might get to the city around midnight and can still find an inn to stay at. He left the town early so he can assure himself that he can make it and can still sleep.

Running for 5 hours with an apple in his mouth. Yuriel runs into a forest and after a few minutes of being inside of it, he saw a broken noble carriage along with some knights that are all blooded. He quickly stopped and headed to every knighs direction to see if they're still alive. Unfortunately, they aren't breathing anymore so he just sighed.

It's actually his first time seeing dead people in person but it seems like he's somewhat used to it which he didn't mind. He prefer it this way so even if he's in a dire situation where he will see many dead bodies like what he always see in horror movies, he won't be scared or even throw up.

As he moved near the carriage to see if anyone else is dead, a scream that came from the woods startled him as he quickly responded and headed to the voice.

As he was getting nearer to the location of the scream. He can hear many voices at once.

"Please don't hurt my wife!"

"Release my mother now, you damn bastards!"

"Mother, it's okay. Everything's gonna be fine"

He quickly concealed his presence and used invincibility as he was finally on a branch of a tree.

He then saw three mans with the same midnight blue hair but different eye color. The older one and the young man next to him has green colored eyes and is in their mid 40's and early 20's. He gazed at the youngest one who has bright blue eyes and is almost the same age as him or maybe older by one year. He suddenly felt like he's somehow familiar when he saw his eyes that has the same color as his hair but brighter.

He just left that feeling like what he always do and looked at the other side. His eyes darkens when he saw five men in black capes holding a woman in his 40's by the neck with a type of sword. It must be the older man's wife but that's not the reason why his mood suddenly changed but the fact that what the mens are using to threaten them.

The sword they're using is a cursed sword that old Kaja once told him about. It just not kills the enemy but also slicing it's soul, making it unable to join the cycle of reincarnation.

As Yuriel was thinking deeply on how they got it. The three noblemens are terrified from the thought of losing their loved one. The olderman spoke again and tried to talk it out.

"P-please, let my wife go. I'll give you anything you want just don't hurt my wife."

The man plead but the leader who's holding the woman's neck smirked evilly.

"I don't need anything Duke Xandros. I just want answers, that's all." He replied which made the duke clenched his hand.

He knows what they want but he can't possibly tell it to them for their family have been keeping it safe for almost 300 years. He already made an ought to protect it by any cost, even if it means to die but he can't possibly let his family be in danger.

And even if he told them where is it. They will surely kill all of them so he doesn't know what to do anymore. Adding the fact that they are using the Deathsword on his beloved wife made it even harder for him to pick a choice.

Even his two sons know what will be the outcome of this but they still hope that they can escape death right now.

"You know what. I'm getting bored now. We'll just find it on our own."

The enemy said in a bored as he already felt unamused of what's happening and decided to just kill all of them for fun.

He slowly put the sword nearer the neck of the woman as she started to cry in fear but no sounds are going out of his mouth.

"No! Don't!--"

"Mother!!-"

"Say goodbye to your wife. Duke Xandros."

To be Continued...